I would like to use my experiences in my education and in the field of Instructional Design to better aid in further business opportunities.
National Education Association
American Educator’s Association
Instructional Design and Development Graduate Association
I enjoy my family and church immensely. I also love to read; in fact, I’m part of a book club that meets every week. I enjoy singing and music. My husband and I are blessed with two precious daughters, Abigail and Hannah.
I participate in my church's choir as well as serve as a youth counselor. I also help with the children's choir and tutoring (if needed).
Aug 2012 - Present
Educational Support Technician
Oak Grove Technologies: USACE Readiness Support Center
Aug 2012 - Jul 2012
- Taught first and third grade students.
- Created PowerPoint and SMART Notebook presentations for students.
- Produced various testing materials for First grade teachers in the core curriculum areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies).
- Constructed, implemented, and revised instruction using Bloom's Taxonomy.
Aug 2007 - Jul 2009
- Taught Second and Third grade students
- Took part in Orchard's Building Based School Support Team (BBSST), which gave teachers ideas of how to improve student achievement gaps.
- Designed curriculum for Transition Day (students visiting next grade level).
- Implemented an extracurricular dance team for 3rd-5th grade girls to keep them busy after school.
Jul 2006 - Jul 2007
Maryvale Elementary School
- Taught Kindergarten students
- Conducted progress monitoring to assess phonemic awareness of students.
Apr 2000 - Jul 2006
West Mobile Baptist Child Development Center
- Cared for children with an age range of 3 months-5th grade.
- Took part in training new hires (i.e., getting them acclimated to procedures, childcare basics, etc).
Aug 2010 - May 2013
Master of Science
University of South Alabama
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Science
- Graduated Cum Laude (3.54 GPA)