I participate in my church's choir as well as serve as a youth counselor. I also help with the children's choir and tutoring (if needed).
I enjoy my family and church immensely. I also love to read; in fact, I’m part of a book club that meets every week. I enjoy singing and music. My husband and I are blessed with two precious daughters, Abigail and Hannah.
National Education Association
American Educator’s Association
Instructional Design and Development Graduate Association
I would like to use my experiences in my education and in the field of Instructional Design to better aid in further business opportunities.
Aug 2012 - Present
Educational Support Technician
Oak Grove Technologies: USACE Readiness Support Center
Aug 2012 - Jul 2012
- Taught first and third grade students.
- Created PowerPoint and SMART Notebook presentations for students.
- Produced various testing materials for First grade teachers in the core curriculum areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies).
- Constructed, implemented, and revised instruction using Bloom's Taxonomy.
Aug 2007 - Jul 2009
- Taught Second and Third grade students
- Took part in Orchard's Building Based School Support Team (BBSST), which gave teachers ideas of how to improve student achievement gaps.
- Designed curriculum for Transition Day (students visiting next grade level).
- Implemented an extracurricular dance team for 3rd-5th grade girls to keep them busy after school.
Jul 2006 - Jul 2007
Maryvale Elementary School
- Taught Kindergarten students
- Conducted progress monitoring to assess phonemic awareness of students.
Apr 2000 - Jul 2006
West Mobile Baptist Child Development Center
- Cared for children with an age range of 3 months-5th grade.
- Took part in training new hires (i.e., getting them acclimated to procedures, childcare basics, etc).
Aug 2010 - May 2013
Master of Science
University of South Alabama
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Science
- Graduated Cum Laude (3.54 GPA)