Professional Affiliations• Board Member, Race 4 Planet Earth – In support of an agenda to further green initiatives through a network of business professionals and competitive multi-sport athletes.• Board Member, Mayors City Youth Council – Selected to sit on board to further the development of regional youth activities and an educational policy agenda.• Eagle Scout – Earned highest rank attainable within the Boy Scouts of America through the completion of 25 merit badges and demonstrating leadership and service. Coordinated extensive service project trail blazing portions of the Oregon-California trail system• Operational Smile Fundraising Chair – Raised $18,687 in coin change only in an effort to create community awareness for the efforts cleft-lip children in underprivileged regions.Volunteer Leadership• Chief of Staff, Associated Students of Utah State University (ASUSU) – managed all duties and responsibilities of the Presidents Office including leadership of the Presidents Cabinet.• University Ambassador – Hosted visiting dignitaries and presented university statistics and goals in fundraising and public relation effortsAthletic Achievements• 2006 USAT All American Honorable Mention – Based on results of triathlons during the 2005-2006 racing season. Qualified as a Professional Traithlete from same results.• Rudy Project athlete sponsorship, 2006 - 2008• GU Sports athlete sponsorship, 2006• Varsity Football – Competed in the defensive secondary for the Utah State University Football Program• USU Ski Team – Competed in slalom, giant slalom and super-g events for Utah State in national races
Dynamic and results-oriented executive with a proven ability to lead organizations, manage people and implement processes. Experience in a diverse set of industries and functional responsibilities requiring in-depth financial analysis and decision-making. Proven ability to wear ‘many hats’ and perform exceptionally at several different levels within the organization. International experience includes living in Europe and South America and working in Europe, South America and Asia. Fluent in Spanish and well versed in International Business practices and operations. • Operational Management• Strategic Planning• Personnel Management• Brand Marketing
• Corporate Finance• Turnaround & Change Management• Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship• Project Management
I have been shaped by my experience, my passions, my desires and my beliefs. This set of influences has taken me many unique places and in many unique directions. At the end of each experience, the lessons about myself have stayed as consistent as the baldness on my head: I have an unquenchable thirst for success. Whether it's competing in a triathlon, surviving a crowded market or learning how to smoke meat, I can't quit with meeting my original goals.
I believe firmly in what Patrick M. Lencioni said, "If you could get all the people in an organization rowing it the same direction, you could dominate any industry, in any market, against any competition, at any time". Having worked within various organizations, I have learned first-hand of inherent dysfuntionalities doomed to kill a team and it's members and constructing welll-oiled machines poised to succeed despite the ever-present obstacles. Nothing is more destructive than ignoring the former and nothing more rewarding than building or the latter.
Benetton Sport Systems is a subsidiary The Benetton Group and was owned and operated by the Benetton family of Treviso, Italy. The Benetton Group operates over 6,200 stores in 120 countries and generates over €2 billion in revenues annually.
• Developed and implemented sales tools intended for national network of sales representatives. Presented tools to sales force and supported implementation through rollout.• Managed production of marketing materials and associated marketing-based product inventories for use at promotional events and other marketing related events, including support of sponsored athletes and teams.• Presented product clinics to educate retail personnel regarding product specifications and hosted dealer personnel for on site product demonstrations.
Member, Board of Directors
Race 4 Planet Earth
Jun 2008 - Present
Vice President Operations
An innovative, exciting web solution, Vtour is the new standard in virtual reality (VR). A proprietary technology allows users to experience self-selected travel and move from place to place within a rich, virtual environment. Vtour offers mobility, allowing you to move from one 360 degree hub to another, creating a truly comprehensive virtual environment.
Vtour is a subsidiary of First Tracks Publishing who produces regional publications throughout the Westwern U.S.. Vtour is a diversification strategy into web technology and represented the single biggest investment in company history. Despite the company structure surrounding Vtour, it was very much a startup atmosphere.
• Developed and implemented all processes, procedures, workflows and controls necessary to produce each virtual tour from start to finish. This included scheduling, shooting, processing and manipulating significant amounts of media (100 gigabytes per virtual tour)• Projected all organizational costs for various levels of production and sales forecasts for beta stages and post launch periods. Developed pro-forma financials from scratch. Achieved profitability margins of 35%. • Oversaw launch and mirrored each initial project from start to finish, including client delivery and feedback processes. Completed feedback cycles for 100% of beta clientele.• Prepared and presented organizational and financial goals to various capital groups in an effort to raise additional rounds of financing. Negotiated deal structures representing over 65% of total company equity. • Coordinated staff efforts and activities in 2 countries and 4 states.
Jun 2006 - Present
Dec 2006 - Feb 2008
The Ensign Group is a healthcare provider operating in the Western United States and Texas through 63 facilities. Founded in 1999, the company began as a privately held organization until issuing an IPO in 2008. Annual revenues are $470 million primarily generated at the facility level. Services include physical, occupational, and speech therapies in addition to nursing and assisted living.
• Managed facility staff including 15 department heads and 220 employees. Staff included nurses, maintenance personnel, business office, administrative and culinary. Achieved award winning employee satisfaction rates for two consecutive survey periods.• Exercised financial controls and line item management on operating budget of over $10 million. Reduced costs by over 15%. Set facility record pace for best ever year with over $12 million in revenues.• Provided strategic direction to facility staff and reported to company ownership with our ventures into derivative services such as pulmonary labs and sub-acute care services. Performed all due diligence on derivative services before presenting to board of directors.• Developed financial controls for daily monitoring and reported results weekly and monthly to shareholders and board of directors. Won the Ensign Flag awarded to top performing facilities nationally and includes monies for facility renovation and staff bonuses.
Jul 2003 - Jul 2005
Marketing & Sales Analyst
Toyota Motor Sales, USA is the United States subsidiary for Toyota Motor Corporation. It engages in the design, manufacture, assembly, and sale of passenger cars, minivans, and trucks and related parts and accessories. Toyota owns and operates the Lexus and Scion brands. Annual revenues of $215 billion.
• Tracked daily national sales from over 12 regions and 200+ dealerships for Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Presented these daily sales figures to executive committee and conducted further analysis based on the events of each days results.• Trained dealership personnel on vehicle sales techniques and vehicle features. Won the Toyota ‘Walk-Around Competition’ where associates were judged on ability to present the new features of a vehicle to a room of company executives.• Analyzed distribution, production and organizational structures of Toyota globally, including multiple trips to Japan’s Toyota City. Competed on behalf of Toyota USA at the Ekiden relay hosted in Japan for two consecutive years. Reported on Toyota in Japan to associates in United States offices.
• Supported all Lexus dealersship distribution in the western region of the United States. Tracked all vehicles form manufactur facility to dealer floor (including Canadian and Japanese based facilities). Included adjusting dealer inventories as their sales required.• Supported field reps in marketing and sales efforts. This included marketing presentations at events throughout the region and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles. Sales activities included a daily reporting process where sales trends were analyzed and forecasts were set by dealership and by region.
Feb 2002 - Jul 2003
Thinker Creative is full-service advertising agency supporting regional clientele in a variety of industries. Thinker offers such services as marketing strategy, public relations and creative campaign graphic and design work.
• Managed 13+ accounts and coordinated creative production schedule for each. Conducted focus groups for individual campaigns and hosted media events in support of specific organizational public relations needs.• Analyzed profitability measures for each client and reported to executive committee. Maintained our internal cost structure to insure internal profitability and allocation of resources.
Jul 1998 - Jul 2000
Volunteer Service Representative
The LDS church is a worldwide church organization with membership in excess of 13.5 million. 348 missions are organized globally in support of 28,000+ congregations and in an effort to share principle beliefs. Church humanitarian cash donations in excess of $282 million and material assistance value of $834 million.
• Mastered oral and written fluency in Spanish. First non-native member of regional mission to receive fluency mastery requirement designation. • Managed service activities of over 200 missionaries from various cultural backgrounds. This included coordinating arrival and departures to and from Chile and their assignments within the regional boundaries of the mission including team assignments.
Aug 2005 - Dec 2006
As an MBA at Thunderbird, I studied in Arizona and in the Czech Republic. Along with a group of classmates, we undertook our studies from Eastern Europe in an effort to better understand the Global economy and the effects of developing countries and industries.
• Ranked #1 in “International” Full-time MBA by U.S. News and World Report (14 consecutive years) and Financial Times