In May I will be graduating and entering Tulsa's professional public relation's market. I am looking for a full-time position at a firm or organization that has high ethical and moral standards and passionate about bettering thier employees.
- OSU School of Media and Strategic Communications
Feb. 2010 - Present
My team and I created strategic pr plan to generate awareness for the school’s name and degree changes. We conducted primary and secondary research to evaluate our client’s awareness and favorability. We designed marketing items, created a budget, redesigned the school’s web site and planned a launch event. We also utilized social media to create a plan our client can implement immediately.
- McBride Foundation walk event
Jan. 2010 - Present
My team and I created a name, marketing symbol and generated awareness for the foundation’s event. Because of my Indesign and Photoshop experience my individual task was creating the media kits.
- OSU’s branding success campaign
Jan. 2010 – Feb. 2010
My team and I were responsible for publicizing the event using traditional and social media. We also generated awareness and urged participation in the Osuccess scholarship competition. We wrote and submitted a press release that was published in the O’colly. We surpassed our client’s goal by having almost 600 scholarship entries and a significant turnout for the campaign launch event.
- OSU racing bedlam event
Aug. 2009 – Nov. 2009
My team and I increased awareness of the OSU racing team in the minds of OSU students. I served as web site and social media consultant. I recommended changes to their web site and increase of their social media presence by tweeting and chatting with their followers during races and events. I helped them make realistic goals and create a pr plan. I also helped publicize their Bedlam event against OU’s Racing Team and compiled media lists and press releases.
- OSU Service Learning-Volunteer Center
Jan. 2009 – May 2009
The SLVC was relatively invisible to the OSU student population and in desperate need of a pr consultant. I volunteered my services and generated awareness of the center which doubled its awareness among OSU students. I also established relationships with Stillwater media through phone calls, emails and press releases which resulted in an interview at tv-31 and a front page article in the O’colly. The center realized how important a pr consultant was needed and turned my position into an internship.
Jul 2009 - Present
- Increased resident awareness by planning and executing events monthly.
- Increased clientele by leading tours of the property and conducting the signing of legal documents.
- Helped implement social media campaign using Twitter and Facebook.
Aug 2008 - Present
Program Aide/Outreach Assistant
- Increased community awareness of center by writing and distributing press releases.
- Press releases and photos published weekly in the Stillwater Newspress.
Aug 2008 - Present
Oklahoma State University
- Provided excellent customer service to suite and club holders to ensure their experience at OSU premium.
May 2009 - Jul 2009
- Wrote and distributed media ops and press releases to local media.
- Conducted research, wrote newsletters and web site copy for clients.
- Maintained positive and professional relationships with clients and media.
Aug 2008 - May 2009
Public Relations Consultant
OSU Service Learning Center
- Created pr position and established pr goals and plan for the center.
- Cultivated relationships with the local media.
- Wrote and distributed press releases that resulted in two interviews and a front page article in the O’colly.
- Increased awareness of center at OSU and surrounding audiences.
Jan 2008 - May 2008
OSU Office of Alumni Media Press Relations
- Increased awareness within OSU and Stillwater of the OSU Arts and Sciences Outreach Office.
- Wrote and distributed five articles that were published in the Stillwater Newspress and the College of Arts and Sciences web site.