Working freelance providing a translation and interpretation service to clients where needed. Involved converting documents and articles from one language into another and ensuring that the finished converted articles relay the intended message as clearly as possible.
• Researching legal and technical phraseology to ensure the correct translation is used.
• Liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points.
• Providing guidance & feedback & creating customer-specific style guides
• Translation of documents/letter from a foreign language to Danish & vice versa.
• Reviewing and proofreading mother-tongue text.
• Telephone interpreting
• Excellent Danish speaking and writing skills.
• Retrieving articles from newspapers, magazines & the internet & translating them into Danish/English/Romanian
Key skills and competencies:
• Familiar with translation software tools.
• Able to fluently speak Danish, English and Romanian
• Excellent communication and social skills
• Able to work to tight deadlines
• Highly skilled in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
• Willing to travel and able to work under pressure
Responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to all parts of the business. Other tasks include covering the reception area at lunchtime and during holiday periods, meeting and greeting visitors, answering their queries and dealing with deliveries.
• Produce weekly country and issue briefs, for countries and issues of relevance to and interest for GMF in the Black Sea region;
• Assist in grant making
• Filing, archiving, photocopying, scanning and faxing documents.
• Screening calls and taking messages.
• Creating invoices, filing receipts and dealing with all financial documentation.
• Answering and dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
• Making travel and accommodation arrangements for Company Directors and senior managers. • General ad-hoc duties such as ordering stationary, making tea, and tidying the office area.
• Preparing correspondence and documents from digital dictation.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
Planning and organising all practical aspects of the event i.e. catering, audio visual, room set up, car parking, security & cleaning. Managing key supporter relationships with significant individuals & also identifying opportunities to up sell.
• Developing, organising, planning and promoting the largest sports event dedicated to the diplomatic community
• Reviewing and sourcing the locations where the event is to be held
• Creating promotional material for the event & distributing it to the target audience
• Arrange security and advise on health and safety issues
• Preparing and managing budgets for the event
• Ensuring adequate staff are available for the event
• Creating a table sales database for the event
• Post event tasks, managing evaluation form analysis, thank you emails
• Identifying opportunities to up sell
• Taking provisional bookings & obtaining written confirmation
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers such as florists and external caterers
• Assisting with direct marketing initiatives and promotional activities
• Conducting a follow up analysis of the event
• Maintaining an inventory of facility & equipment used
• Building good client and sponsor relationships
• Sending out accurate client contract and ensuring they are signed & returned within appropriate deadlines
Key skills and competencies
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Very good interpersonal and presentational skills
• Experience of organising conferences, weddings and banqueting events
• Well presented, attention to detail and excellent time management skill.
Areas of expertise: Events planning, Scheduling facilities, Public relations, Table planning, Marketing, Project management, Operations coordinating