Managing Partner of Shere Marketing Ethical Communications LLP, formed to deliver CSR and sustainability focused PR and marketing services to B2B and B2C audiences. Sold 50% share of business in October 2013 to explore new opportunities.
Growth and financial performance
- Established the first LLP division within the Shere Marketing Group in 2009, which grew to become 46% of the overall group resource by 2013
- Grew the LLP from one initial 'seed fund' client of £36,000pa turnover to 13+ current clients and net turnover of £851,283 by 2012-13.
- Delivered 63% of group turnover and 50% of group profit in FY2011-12, when LLP represented 33% of overall group resource.
- Sustained growth in revenue of >156% throughout 2010-12
- Maintained positive year-on-year increase in net profit throughout 2009 - 2013
- Winning new clients via pitches, organic growth and acquisition to grow client base
- Delivery of highly responsive, customer focused service to maintain strong client-agency relationships over 4+ years
- Dedicated leadership of Daikin account, expanding service delivery into Europe and achieving 293% account growth between 2009-10 and 2012-13
Strategic and creative:
- Development of brand awareness and reputation management programmes designed to enhance brand profile and engage stakeholders
- Strategic planning of integrated marketing campaigns including PR and social media, print and digital advertising, email programmes, internal communications, marketing literature, events and exhibition collateral
- Working in partnership with product and brand managers to develop creative marketing solutions
- Analysis of competitors and product portfolio to articulate brand and product propositions
- Creative direction and copywriting of campaign collateral: email, digital, web, presentations, advertising, marketing literature and exhibition panels
- Recruitment, development and management of dedicated team of eight within Ethical Communications LLP
- Direction of PR and Marketing teams, responsible for 40% and 60% of LLP profit respectively
- Management of services delivered by other LLPs within Shere group and specialist sub-contractors in video production, presentation design and market research to maintain brand integrity and achieve campaign objectives
Operational and systems
- Introduction of Gorkana media database management, distribution, coverage monitoring and analysis system
- Implementation of Radar social media monitoring system for client accounts to understand audience conversation, sentiment and engagement in social media channels
Clients: BUFCA, CEP Claddings, Cementation Skanska, Construction Specialties, Daikin UK, Europe and Central Europe, Denne Construction, DPAA, Farmiloes, GAIN, Hilson Moran, John Lewis, Lankelma, Leadbitter Group, Mason Pearson.