Utilizing over 20 years’ experience in client relationship management, turnaround expertise, and strategic consulting to drive business development, operational excellence, and profitability for diverse organizations (including Fortune 100 companies). Adept at overcoming complex business challenges and leading, motivating, and empowering teams to deliver “best-in-class” service execution and on-time, on-budget project delivery. Leverages outstanding analytical, negotiation, and written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills. Highly focused and self-motivated leader who views challenges as opportunities and consistently meets and exceeds both corporate goals and customer expectations.
Client Relationship & Account Management:
- Turned around a troubled relationship with a firm’s second-largest outsourced client by recreating and introducing new operational processes and improving service execution—eliminating $3.5M in annual losses and achieving a breakeven marginal profit in less than 12 months with positive financials in the second year.
- Consistently earned and maintained client trust while driving business development and strategic growth of over 30%.Accountable for revenue growth and sales targets for new and existing clients.
- Recognized as a top producer and assigned to the firm’s largest accounts—expanded client revenue responsibilities from $20M to $55M.Managed a primary account covering benefits administration services for 500,000 lives.
- Re-negotiated performance-based, mutually satisfying terms on a multi-million dollar client contract, increasing remaining TCV by $7.5M; negotiated a seven-year service contract renewal valued at $350M.
- Successfully boosted profits by leading efforts to improve customer service, motivate employee performance, and enhance operational controls.Established a ‘white glove’ customer service center to handle complex cases.
- Optimized resource allocations and cost controls by strategically planning, designing, and coordinating detailed workflow plans.Recognized for both obtaining the highest divisional savings through offshore and other cost optimization initiatives and recording the most significant revenue growth.
- Led the full implementation and ongoing administration of a customer service call center that supported Health & Welfare and Defined Benefit services for a key client.
- Earned Top 25 executive recognition out of 1,000 senior managers for outstanding individual performance and determined leadership.
Human Resources & Employee Benefits Consulting:
- Reduced staff turnover by more than 20% and retained top talent by re-aligning individual strengths and personal contribution potential with job functions while improving communications and staff loyalty through the creation of reward and recognition programs.
- Expanded the focus of a health and welfare practice to include underwriting services for self-funded clients, including experience rating and rate changes, stop-loss insurance, claims analysis, and vendor management services.Developed comprehensive claims tracking database and underwriting systems.
- Consulted with clients on plan design, RFP development, analysis of bid results, and insurance placement for health, life, disability, and long term care programs.Utilizes detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Administered six annual enrollments in one year for approximately 500,000 individuals with remarkable accuracy and technological precision.
Enjoys spending time with family and friends, the Jersey shore, horseback riding and reading.
My professional focus is leading and building synergistic teams delivering results in customer satisfaction, improved profitability and service excellence.
I am seeking a new opportunity which utilizes my experience in relationship management, consulting and operations where I could utilize some if not all of the following skills:
- Leadership of strategic and complex solutions, preferably in employee benefits, insurance or HR operations
- Building and expanding client relationships, becoming a trusted advisor for their business needs
- Project management, change management, process improvement and cost reduction solutions
- Team management and communications, including presentations and new logo sales
Owner / President
Virginia Gallicchio Consulting
- Performed operational audit of outsourced benefit services for large client to determine strengths and weaknesses in processes, supplying detailed action plans for areas of improvement and controls required.
- Developed specifications for COBRA system and procedures to ascertain and demonstrate DOL compliance.
- Provide ongoing consulting with client to improve market position and benefit outsourcing service offerings, implement quality control procedures, oversee new system development and rollout, and turn-around client relationships through enhanced delivery and execution.
Dec 2006 - Feb 2009
Divisional Vice President
- Provided leadership to two large business units with approximately 85 employees that provided benefits and human resource services to key, high-priority clients.
- Oversaw onshore and offshore divisional operations, process improvement projects, and change management initiatives, including each division’s overall financial performance.
- Served as the primary point of contact to senior client representatives who demanded careful, real-time attention.Shared analytical expertise, presented performance improvement initiatives, and communicated resource requirements to senior management.
Apr 2005 - Dec 2006
Senior Account Executive
ExcellerateHRO / EDS
- Maintained customer operational and financial functions while expanding the business relationships with large benefits and human resource outsourcing clients.
- Allocated, administered, and managed operational budgets and financial statement reporting for clients; ensured Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulatory compliance.
- Effectively negotiated contracts and service requirements with client leadership while managing expectations.
- Supported multiple merger integration teams following EDS’s acquisition of Towers Perrin’s outsourcing practice; transitioned the practice into the EDS Business Process Outsourcing standard operating model.
Sep 1994 - Apr 2005
Principal and Administration Relationship Manager
- Provided relationship management for the firm’s largest client.Directed the implementation of numerous system conversions due to the client’s extensive mergers and acquisitions activity.Ensured accurate data retrieval and real-time benefits reporting for 120,000 active employees and 80,000 retirees nationwide.
- Provided lead service delivery and operations management of up to 300 individuals for Fortune 100 clients.
- Conducted comprehensive reviews of daily operations, recommended process improvements, and contributed to the organization’s strategic vision.
Sep 1992 - Sep 1994
Principal and Health and Welfare Practice Leader
Alexander and Alexander Consulting Group
- Led the Health & Welfare and Administrative Consulting practice for the Philadelphia office.Provided account management for key clients such as two large pharmaceutical firms.More than tripled department revenues from $800K to $3M over a two-year period.
Dec 1977 - Sep 1992
Aon Consulting / Miller, Mason & Dickenson
- Led underwriting and health and welfare administration consulting department. Supervised staff of 12. Major accomplishments included strategy and development of an electronic, menu-driven underwriting product used in client financial analysis; development of a health care database system to analyze and report premium and claim data for clients; RFP analysis and vendor selection analysis; plan design, project management and administration consulting services; rate and funding projections, and plan design cost analysis.