I am a highly motivated and committed visionary with the ability to adapt and learn any new skill. My communication, interpersonal, technical, and leadership skills allow me to work efficiently and effectively both on my own initiative and in a team environment.
Seeking a challenging and creative position where all my education, business skills, leadership, and experience can be put to use to benefit an organization.
Entrepreneurial Programs Outreach Assistant
- Redevelop and convert the Going Solo Entrepreneurship program's curriculum and simulation game to a web-based delivery.
- Research related to Going Solo's curriculum and other entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Organize, prepare and conduct training events for Going Solo.
- Build teams throughout the state and nationally to deliver Going Solo trainings.
- Provide input and support for an online interactive mapping system linking agricultural markets (MarketMaker).
- Consult with clients and provide direction and resources.
Aug 2004 - Aug 2006
- Created several award winning wines acknowledged by Indianapolis International Wine Competition and Illinois State Fair Wine Competition.Liaise with sales and marketing staff to make sure of the production of appropriate wine types, styles and qualities.
- Involved in researching the wine industry and developing the business/marketing plan and budget for the inception of Lavender Crest Winery. Continue to budget and control costs involved in winemaking and vineyard management. Provide input in marketing and business decisions.
- Participate in courses at UC Davis and statewide held seminars to gain knowledge. Worked closely with another winemaker to develop knowledge of winemaking and vineyard management. Contribute to the network of Illinois winemakers to ensure high quality of wine is being produced throughout the state that will build a favorable reputation and market nationally.
- In charge of compliance to all state/federal regulations in regards to wine taxation, label development and approval, and inventory.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with our growers to ensure high quality grapes are delivered. Organize the crushing and pressing of grapes, the settling of juice and the fermentation of grape material. Conduct laboratory tests and monitor quality of wine. Prepare scheduling for bottling wine and maintain all equipment. Give direction to employees involved in the winemaking process.
Jun 2000 - Aug 2004
- Collaborate with other members of the statewide program Initiative for the Development of Entrepreneurs in Agriculture (IDEA) to provide better services to producers.
- Assess client's needs and direct the to the proper resources.
- Develop internet training programs for agricultural producers.
- Design and maintain the website for IDEA.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of MarketMaker, an interactive mapping system that locates businesses and markets for agricultural products in Illinois.
Sep 1988 - Dec 1994
Dominion Investments: Hardees
- Awarded Restaurant Manager of the Year and "Highest Comparable Sales Increase" in Rockford region.
- Control variable costs such as food, paper, labor, supplies, and equipment maintainence.
- Ensure that operational and financial goals are met through well trained and qualified employees and management teams.
- Conduct inspections to measure service, quality, and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Perform and follow-up on performance reviews, along with interviewing, hiring, and orientation of employees and management.
- Train and develop four assistant managers who were promoted to restaurant managers.
Dec 1998 - Dec 2000
- GPA 3.94
- Deans List