Sr. Director of Open Source, Standards
I am responsible for Yahoo's open source and standards policies and strategies. I also run engineering services focused on:
- Open Source. Managing inbound license compliance, contribution licenses, outbound code publication (over 300 projects), GitHub site and license compliance for 30 mobile apps and distributed products.
- Open Source Legal and Business Development. I support M&A due diligence, divestitures, and contract issues related to open source (over 50 deals).
- Open Source Foundations. I manage the relationships with Apache, Linux, Node.JS, OpenStack foundations, as well as the //TODO Group.
- Open Standards. I am Yahoo's contact for W3C. I manage our participation on 8 industry working groups.
- Engineering Excellence. I run the Engineering Standards Group.
- Technical Documentation. I manage the technical documentation team responsible for publishing tech docs for internal platforms.
- Hackdays. My team managed quarterly hackday innovation fairs where hundreds of engineers compete on new product ideas.
- Engineering Collaboration. After bringing Jive to replace the corporate intranet, I'm responsible for supporting the engineering collaboration efforts on Jive.