● A strong desire to improve the welfare of students in the public school system.
● A background in working with a variety of different students while working as a Special Education teacher with an expertise in Emotional Impairment as well as a Co-Teacher in the General Education setting.
● Experience with students from different cultures while working in the Dearborn Public Schools.
● Mentoring new teachers as part of the Mentor Program
● Working as a Test Coordinator for the M-STEP test
● Planning curriculum based field trips for students
● The ability to work well with peers, students, parents, and other community members.
● The ability to discipline students using restorative and proscribed practices while retaining fairness and professionalism.