Versatile and creative technology professional with exceptional leadership and communication skills. Roles include: Project Manager, Support Manager, Resource Manager, Strategist, Business Analyst, Systems Architect, Designer, Developer, and Product Sales. Deep experience in managing teams, customers, and working with CRM, web, and marketing systems across various industries. Carries a passion for people and collaborating to solve business problems by analyzing work processes and directly applying technology concepts.
Dec 2004 - Present
Manager, CRM & Marketing Systems
The Irvine Company
- IT Systems Manager for a large real estate company (3000+ employees).
- Manage and provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to a staff of 6 employees; have been responsible for concurrently managing up to 12 individual employees and contractors.
- Accountable for a multi-million dollar budget relative to vendor software, hardware, and workforce.
- Primarily responsible for overseeing the company’s software development practice related to Pivotal CRM, our enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Successfully proliferated CRM initiatives throughout the organization since arriving in 2004. This includes the turn-around of a previously failed implementation for Retail Properties into a successful leasing and tenant coordination system, the implementation of new/custom CRM modules for Office Properties, and new roll-out for our Land Sales. Currently working to extend our CRM footprint into the Apartment Communities division for a June 2010 go-live.
- Responsible for the support and enhancement of various web-based applications, including IrvineOffice.com, VillagesOfIrvine.com, the corporate intranet, public-facing automated marketing campaign systems (CDC MarketFirst and Silverpop). Additionally responsible for various operational systems, financial systems (MRI), and custom (in-house) applications serving business needs and human processes.
- Manager of large projects, design, requirements gathering, versioned releases, support, and custom enhancements for all supported sites and applications.
- Serve as the primary business partner and liaison for all IT-related requests surrounding the Corporate Marketing, Office Properties, and Retail Properties divisions; business process support involves sales, marketing campaigns, acquisitions, operations, forecasting, billing, marketing, construction, inventory management, monthly/yearly reporting cycles,etc.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for CRM and other emerging technologies to executives, peers, and our business partners of the various operation divisions.
Aug 2000 - May 2004
American Management Systems (AMS)
Consultant for a large services firm - headquartered in Fairfax, VA - that regularly competed for large IT project business with the Big 5. Worked around the globe on multi-million dollar Siebel CRM implementations for both the public sector and several Fortune 500 organizations.
AMS Project Experience:
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Medicare Services (Baltimore, MD)
Technical Team Lead (10/2003 - 05/2004)
- Managed the design and development of the Medicare Appeals System (MAS), a 2-year, multi-million dollar government contract streamlining the claims appeals process for all Medicare recipients in the United States.
- Responsibilities include management of: the project plan and timeline, system design team, development, and testing teams.
AMS, Inc. (Fairfax, VA)
Business Analyst and Technical Specialist (10/2002 - 10/2003)
- Managed requirements gathering, definition, timeline, development and implementation for three phases of development for internal Marketing and Sales Pipeline tracking application, SalesTrax. Includes implementing Campaign Management component to current Siebel application.
Essent Energie (s’Hertogenbosch, Netherlands)
Siebel Technical Lead (5/2002 - 10/2002)
- Managed team of 6 developers in designing, implementing, and integrating the core configuration of a Siebel database application that currently serves as a Quotation and Pricing System (QPS) for one of largest utility providers in the Netherlands.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills in successfully completing the largest phase of integration and development alongside colleagues representing multiple languages and countries.
GMAC Insurance, Inc., (Winston-Salem, NC)
Siebel Business and Technical Analyst (8/2001 - 5/2002)
- Served as Technical Analyst for Siebel enterprise-wide initiative that replaced current business processes and software applications with a Siebel based unified claims system for property and casualty insurance.
- $30 million dollar project delivered to more than 1,300 users nationwide.
- Successfully completed one build cycle, system test phase, and user acceptance test phase – handling diverse workload and multiple assignments.
Financial Services Group, AMS Inc., (Fairfax, VA)
CRM Pre-Sales Specialist (8/2000 - 8/2001)
- Key pre-sales presenter for visits to the CRM lab by prospective clients, executing sales demos and lecturing on CRM architecture.
- Installed, configured, integrated, tested and reviewed new products as received by lab. Included products in the categories of middleware, EAI, databases, decision engines, and CRM.
- Presented CRM methodologies at national conferences and client visits (Chase, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)