- Award winning professional with more than 12 years of proven expertise in the application and consultative sales of quantitative and qualitative research, consistently helping organizations achieve strategic objectives. Experience spans a diverse range of industries and includes, but is not limited to, strategic planning, public opinion monitoring via surveys (across modes), and social and traditional media tracking, target profiling, employee research, communications development and evaluation, customer satisfaction research, advertising tracking, brand image / equity studies, media analysis, market structure studies, direct marketing evaluation, concept and position testing, and product assessments. Analytical responsibilities also consist of generating insights from data to support the development of business imperatives. In addition, over time, became progressively involved in the development and sales of enterprise-wide research and measurement systems.
Strategic thinking and applications via research
STRATEGIC PLANNING, RESEARCH & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MEASUREMENT CONSULTANT
- Sold-in and managed consultative projects for clients, including but not limited to, Cymfony, Dell, and Taylor PR.
- Provided guidance on enterprise / organizational strategic research and communications measurement practices to help improve overall business results.
- Designed and launched organizational-wide research and measurement programs to demonstrate return on investment (ROI) from marketing communications programs.
- Helped organizations conduct and analyze research to generate target insights and provide strategic program guidance.
- Conducted stakeholder research among employees, clients and others to determine, and from there, help organizations meet their needs in generating target insights, along with proving the value of marketing communications.
Apr 2011 - Sep 2011
SENIOR ANALYST, STRATEGY & ANALYTICS
- Managed digital analytics to demonstrate program target impact.
- Responsible for analytics across all client social media brand channels.
- Compiled weekly and more comprehensive reports on social media program impact, utilizing online listening and Web analytics applications.
Jul 2001 - Oct 2008
VICE PRESIDENT, DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PLANNING & RESEARCH
- During most years, sold-in and managed between $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 of social and traditional media analysis, along with survey, and market research.
- Served as a thought leader and subject matter expert on strategic research and communications measurement within the agency, with clients, and within the industry at large, including authoring pieces in trade publications.
- Responsibilities included development of communications measurement and evaluation techniques to assess return on strategies and tactics, along with providing guidance to enhance program target impact moving forward.
- Launched global enterprise level marketing communications measurement and evaluation product suite, encompassing impact of outreach on social and traditional media, with a specific focus on demonstrating ROI.
- Recognized with the Jack Felton Golden Ruler Award —the most prestigious honor for public relations communications measurement and evaluation — for research assessing the impact of key message playback on driving sales.In addition, achieved finalist status in the category of research and measurement for the PR Platinum Awards, and attained an Iron Sabre “Certificate of Excellence.”
- Took on leadership role in discovering and articulating differentiating customer insights and translating these into strategic and creative platforms utilizing comScore, MRI, Simmons, ConsumerStyles, DocStyles, and HealthStyles (the latter three being proprietary survey-based databases).
- To create a platform for discussion on, raise awareness of, and enhance outreach to under-treated patient populations, conducted cross-sectional survey research to support the generation of co-authored peer-reviewed publications – Population-based Survey of Pain in the United States: Differences Among White, African American; and, Hispanic Subjects and Access to Care for Chronic Pain: Racial and Ethnic Differences in The Journal of Pain.
- Client work included, but was not limited to, Amgen, Gillette, Hewlett Packard, Shire, Timberland, and Wyeth.
Jun 2000 - Jul 2001
- Helped sell-in and conduct market research to inform corporate planning, reporting straight to the Director of Market Research.
- Analyzed, reported and presented primary and secondary market research to senior management, helping to enhance the effectiveness of communications and marketing programs via target audience insights.
- Responsible for conducting / managing market research projects for all business areas and subsidiaries of Guardian, including identifying areas of opportunity among different market segments, as well as, program research to help evaluate effectiveness of direct marketing / communication programs.
- Specific highlights included Guardian’s Individual Life Customer Relationship Research, 401(k) Satisfaction Survey, Trust Marketing Assessment (incorporating both qualitative and market opportunity / sizing work), along with media research to determine optimal sources for print advertising, and Yield / Loss studies to assess the impact of direct marketing.
May 1998 - Jun 2000
- Helped sell-in and manage all aspects of custom strategic market research from start to finish, implementing large-scale strategic quantitative and qualitative research studies of both international and national scopes, reporting directly to a Senior Partner.
- Including consultation and relationship management served as a primary contact, and helped develop partnerships with major clients during the course of projects.
- Responsibilities included proposal writing / research design, questionnaire development, creation of sampling methodologies, along with presentation / report writing.Analyses led to high-level insights that assisted clients in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Areas of project management and analysis included, but were not limited to, advertising and communications evaluation, corporate positioning, product / concept testing and refinement, along with customer satisfaction research.
- Primary clients included Clorox, KPMG, Lockheed Martin, Pella, Sony, World Bank, and Young & Rubicam.Direct client contact submitted my written analysis to World Banks’s Council of Governors as a summary of current conditions in political risk insurance market.
Jan 1996 - Jun 2006
University College Dublin
Sep 1993 - May 1997
BA w/ honors
Johns Hopkins University
Proficient in the use of comScore, Crimson Hexagon, Cymfony, Excel©, Experian Simmons National Consumer Study (NCS)©, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, MEMRI™, MS Word©, PowerPoint©, Qualtrics, sermo™ surveys, SPSS© and YouTube Insights.