Corporate Vice President, Information Systems (2005 - 2007)
Managed Information Technology resources for a national $140 million professional services firm while also serving as an IT management consultant to Fortune 500 clients. Successfully performed the role of a Turnaround CIO. Performed IT organizational triage and developed a turnaround strategy. Quickly gained business support and addressed systems performance, project delivery, low internal customer satisfaction, and application reliability issues.
- Established IT User Council with the business to provide IT governance, prioritized major initiatives, built consensus, and optimized alignment of IT resources to the business.
- Delivered key ITIL processes that incorporated a new, centralized Help Desk system and an IT Support website to improve the provision of IT services to end users. Established an IT Support Survey for providing end user feedback into the continuous improvement process. Significantly raised customer satisfaction.
- Managed complete upgrade of 15 mission critical servers. Established application testing methodology and built-out separate development and test environments.
- Implemented and documented corporate IT policies and procedures, built-out and implemented a robust Disaster Recovery site (confirmed via formal and independent User Acceptance Testing).
- Migrated network architecture from a costly point-to-point design to Sprint MPLS. Renegotiated land-based telecom contracts into a single, national contract. Established a national cellular phone and wireless services support program including the creation of a national agreement with Verizon. Delivered annual savings from these initiatives that exceeded $210,000.
- Implemented real-time data center monitoring and alarm notification for key systems resources.
- Deployed a corporate intranet site and a Professional Services Knowledge Management website to streamline and simplify business operations.
- Managed the conversion of several acquired companies' applications systems to the corporate systems.
Vice President, Professional Services Delivery- Accretive Solutions (2002 to 2007)
Managed the delivery of IT professional services being provided to a number of clients including Pulte Homes, ADP, General Motors, Affiliated Computer Services, OnStar, Delphi, GMAC Finance, GMAC Insurance, Meadowbrook Insurance Group, and Asset Acceptance Credit Corporation.
- As a senior member of the Detroit office management team, built professional services business and drove annual IT consulting revenues from $3 million to $22 million from 2002 to 2007, often serving in a sales role, developing client proposals and serving as lead consultant on new accounts. Sales team members referred to Greg as the "tip of the sword" in terms of developing new accounts and expanding client services.
- Provided management consulting services to Active Aero Group to assess Information Technology processes, delivered recommendations, and implemented best practices. Later during this engagement served as Interim CIO over a very productive four month period that later led to employment by this client.
- Delivered successful management consulting engagements with the CIOs of publicly held Meadowbrook Insurance Group (MIG), Pulte Homes, GMAC Finance, GMAC Insurance, and Asset Acceptance Credit Corporation.
- Sold the engagement and delivered management consulting services to Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) for their Program Management Office (PMO) implementation for multiple projects to deliver a large scale, $250 million European Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) contract based in Barcelona, Spain. Led a team of international program managers to build out ACS' European Programme Management Office (PMO) for a ten-country consolidation of GM Europe's HR and payroll processing (59 total systems) into PeopleSoft (HR) and SAP (payroll).
- Provided management consulting services to reorganize GM Business Services' IS&S organization. Managed GM Business Services' implementation of CMMI. Oversaw PMO operations for the successful achievement of CMMI Level 2, making GM Business Services the first GM IS&S organization to do so.
- Later managed three troubled Business Process Outsourcing programs involving multiple concurrent projects. Successfully turned around each program with a very high level of business and IS&S customer satisfaction
- Directly engaged with OnStar to deliver ITIL process implementation and management consulting (process refinement, major incident analysis, development and management of corrective action, and data center consolidation). Led a small, multi-vendor team to resolve a complex systems issue that had caused over $1 million worth of wasted call center advisor time. Successfully managed and later reorganized OnStar's application support and enhancement resulting in superior software maintenance service delivery in addition to delivering significant cost savings (in excess of $1.2 million annually). In 2005 designed an IT architecture team to provide oversight over all OnStar IT deliveries, leading to $7 million in revenue over 3 years.