Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (SEB), Oslo, Norway / Stockholm, Sweden
The SEB Group is a leading Northern European financial group for 400,000 corporate customers and institutions, and 5 million private customers. SEB has a market capitalisation of SEK 156 billion and a local presence in the Nordic and Baltic countries, Germany, Poland, the Ukraine and Russia. The Group is represented in some 20 countries around the world and has a staff of about 20,000. SEB is the market leader in the Nordic credit and charge card sector with brands such as Eurocard, MasterCard and Diners Club.
Head of Operations, Card Division (MasterCard, Diners Club, VISA), 2005 - 2006
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of 2.4 million MasterCard, Eurocard and Diners Club cards with an annual turnover of 19 billion Euros.
- Led and managed a team of 9 people.
- Responsible for all card production for the Norwegian Card Division.
- Responsible for the acquiring business for Diners Club and MasterCard purchasing.
- Responsible for Airline Settlement for Diners Club.
- Responsible for Airline Acquiring project with SAS.
- Reported to the Vice President, SEB Kort Norway
- Established new routine descriptions, responsibilities and goals for all employees.
- Established measurable operational goal for all areas of the business.
- Ensured that all employees utilized their skills and tried new areas on a regular basis.
- Ensured adequate operational resources deployed in projects.
- Successfully managed the divisions operations with no critical operational delays or errors.
Liaison Officer, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Card Division, 2004 - 2006
- Responsible for establishing and developing the business relationships with strategic important vendors.
- Responsible for the demerger between SEB and euroConex Technologies Ltd, including all strategic, legal, operational, technological and commercial decisions. SEB sold its Merchant Acquiring Business to euroConex, which consisted of 45.000 point of sales with an annual turnover of 2.5 billion Euros.
- Responsible for the relationship with international card schemes such as MasterCard, VISA and Diners Club for the Norwegian market.
- Liaised with the European Commission and European Payment Council regarding the Single European Payment Area (SEPA).
- Member of MasterCard International Operational Committee on behalf of SEB.
- Member of the IT-Steering Committee and the card scheme compliance group at SEB.
- As Liaison Officer reported to the CEO and the COO, and served as a member of the Divisions Management Team.
- Successfully completed an Asset Transfer of JCB, MasterCard Purchasing card portfolio.
- Developed a Solicitation Agreement for Diners Club.
- Developed Merchant Service Agreements for MasterCard and Diners Club (including KYC requirements).
- Successfully relocated euroConex including 50 employees and all technical infrastructure.
- Successfully led the conversion to new payment platform for euroConex.
- Established a joint commercial forum between SEB and euroConex.
- Briefed the Executive Group on the development of SEPA.
- Developed new routines for signing up new Merchants for MasterCard and Diners Club.
- Developed incentive agreements for euroConex.
- Ensured that euroConex managed the contractual obligation regarding Merchant Settlement Funds.
- Successfully led the MasterCard interchange-fee study for SEB in the Norwegian market.
Senior Consultant, Purchasing Card Division, 2002 - 2004
- Responsible for sales and implementation of Merchant solutions for SEB's Purchasing Cards, including developing a new standard for Merchant Acquiring for MasterCard Purchasing in the Norwegian market.
- Responsible for implementing purchasing solutions at all the strategic vendors for the largest Telecommunications company in Norway.
- Launched and developed a new processor for Purchasing Cards
- Build a merchant network of Purchasing Cards
- Increased SEB's Purchasing Card Revenues from 0 to 8.7 million euros within 2 years.