Well qualified (BA, MM, and MBA) and seasoned Financial Services professional with over 11 years experience gained in the payment and financial services industry. The candidate has an extensive international profile in leading large cross-functional initiatives across Europe and Asia-Pacific. He is a highly motivated professional with strong strategic, business development and technical capabilities. In his last role he has been working with executives to identify, evaluate and lead strategic initiatives designed to materially increase the relevance and role of MasterCard Network in the switching / processing of transactions in Europe. The initiatives take the form of Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Venture, Minority Equity Investments and crafting strategic vendor agreements that enable MasterCard to offer more compelling services across the processing value chain.
- As Business Leader / Vice President in the European Region, he led the effort to create a new European Payment Scheme in cooperation with major European banks.
- As Business Leader / Vice President he led a pan-European study on disintermediation of MasterCard, interviewing Senior Management from 10 major countries.
- As Business Leader / Vice President he led a market entry strategy of Mobile Payments in Eastern-Europe.
- As Business Leader / Vice President in the European Region, he initiated a strategic partnership with a world leading payment processing company, across EMEA.
- As Management Consultant for the Asia-Pacific office, he successfully lead an initiative to set up a global central acquiring company for major airlines in Australia; the initiative was presented to the Chief Financial Officers of the 9 largest airlines in the world.
- As Liaison Officer, Head of Strategic Partnerships, he successfully deployed the demerger between SEB and euroConex Technologies Ltd, responsible for all strategic, legal, operational, technological and commercial decisions. Annual turnover between SEB and euroConex was 2.5 billion Euros.
- As Liaison Officer, Head of Strategic Partnerships, he was in charge of the MasterCard interchange-fee study for SEB in the Norwegian credit card market and part of a strategic group deciding the new standard infrastructure for the Norwegian banks.
- As Senior Consultant for the Purchasing Card Division he launched and developed the merchant network for one strategic key customer, increasing SEB’s annual turnover from 0 to 21.5 million Euros within 2 years.
- As Senior Consultant for the Purchasing Card Division he launched and developed a new processor for Purchasing Card, increasing the annual turnover from 0 to 8.7 million Euros within 2 years.
- As Project Manager for Amadeus’ Corporate Division, he successfully led the bidding, negotiation, launch and development of the national e-commerce platform for the Norwegian Government. For this effort, was granted a global award by Amadeus International for “excellence in key management practice”.