Communications System Technical Control Operator (IT – 2318)
United States Navy
- Coordinated complete processing of communications signals including satellite transmission and reception paths.
- Operated and controlled operation of long-haul and/or local communication equipment systems including cryptographic, transmitters, receivers, DC and audio frequency patch boards, and telegraphic terminal equipment.
- Maintained signal quality and determined point of signal deterioration through use of test equipment such as monitor teletypewriters, order wires, transmission distortion test sets, oscilloscopes, audio level and noise level meters, spectrum analyzers, and fleet satellite monitor.
- Analyzed quality control results to identify preventive or corrective action required.
- Restored communications by appropriate means.
- Prepared and maintained circuit quality and outage logs and reports.