Primary technical focal point of the IBM marketing and support team for a large customer. Primary responsibility was in support of the client's production systems located throughout the US.
- Marketed, sold, and supported IBM products and services. Developed valuable professional rapport with the client's management team and set standards for service delivery, customer satisfaction, and customer relations.
Customer Satisfaction – IBM CHQ Special Assignment
Developed and implemented a national customer satisfaction improvement program (Customer Advocate Program). Created the process, necessary tools, and training materials to enable hardware repair technicians to serve as focal points and intermediaries for satisfaction issues with customers.
- Managed the design, development, deployment, and day-to-day operations of the Customer Advocate Program, resulting in an increased Customer Satisfaction Quotient by 15%.
- Developed and delivered training materials and procedures to staff.
- Recipient of the IBM National Customer Champion Award.
Provided an interface for IBM Availability Services activity within a customer enterprise, using tools and techniques to prevent and/or resolve complex problems, and monitor and improve customer satisfaction with products, services, and support. Consulted with client staff, users, and management to determine availability requirements for the enterprises’ I/T systems and modifications.
- Using availability techniques and processes, was able to improve customer I/T availability by 10%.
- Developed valuable professional rapport with clients and set standards for software service delivery, customer satisfaction, and customer relations, improving overall customer satisfaction.
2008 - Present
Adjunct (part-time) instructor in the College of Business, for both undergraduate and graduate courses. Courses taught include: ASB210 HR Management I, MGT445 HR Management II, and MGT532 HR Management III; MGT435 Organizational Behavior; and ASB260 Managing Cultural Diversity.
2004 - 2009
Human Resources Partner
Directed HR strategies for multiple locations and provided consultation for management activities and programs. Developed and deployed standard and specific HR programs to support corporate goals and create effective operating conditions. Programs include employee relationship management, compensation planning and deployment, staffing strategies, succession planning and performance management. Recognized by leadership and peers as a “smart, industrious, tenacious, and decisive leader and visionary.”
Strategically partnered with senior management, providing Human Resources management as a value-add, not a resource drain.
Collaborated with and advised leadership team on all aspects of Human Resources in support of business objectives.
Led talent development, executive resource identification, and succession planning programs, to ensure quality bench strength.
Coached, mentored, and collaborated with the management team in employee performance management, development, and managed attrition.
Ensured employee appraisal and compensation equity across the organization.
Executed and deployed facilitated workshops, enhancing communication, problem solving, and team cohesion.
2007 - 2009
Diversity Program Manager
Directed and implemented strategic corporate Diversity and Inclusion initiatives for 19,000 employees in 3 sites, and field offices in 13 states. Provided leadership, guidance, and support to Diversity Councils and Diversity Network Groups in the execution of diversity and inclusion initiatives and strategy. Managed and provided Diversity metrics. Provided consultation and served as a catalyst to influence the delivery and execution of corporate diversity and inclusion programs. Demonstrated ability to quickly assess situations, rapidly craft solutions, build teams, and organize actions, to solve diversity situations.
- To engage the majority population in diversity and inclusion understanding and awareness, developed and executed a new Diversity Module based on the Diversity of Mental Processes.
- Partnered with the Mayo Clinic and facilitated connection between theirs and IBM’s diversity affinity groups.
- Provided consultation to peer Diversity Program Managers on religious accommodation.
- Created “Winter Holiday” display to be inclusive of multiple cultures and traditions.
2003 - 2004
Manager, Program Management Office
Managed a Program Office staffed with a team of project assistants who administered the deployment and installation of IBM Distributed Systems in support and fulfillment of several contracts.
- Developed valuable professional rapport with project teams and set standards for service delivery, customer satisfaction, and customer relations, improving overall project team satisfaction.
1998 - 2002
Software Support Professional Development / Early Career Manager
Built, led, and managed a team of I/T Professionals in a 13 state region. Responsible for Software Warranty, Software Maintenance, and Locally Delivered Support. In addition managed and supervised a team of 20 new hires in a highly matrixed 15 state region. Primary responsibilities were to provide focused guidance, direction, teaming tools and techniques, and mentoring, assisting the new employees to successfully integrate in the Company.
- Utilized assets and resources available, maximizing employee productivity and performance to achieve corporate and business unit goals and objectives.
- Hired, trained, and managed a staff I/T Professionals, which became a high performance work team.
- Developed and delivered Diversity training sessions promoting a culture of acceptance and increasing awareness.