Solidworks exploded assembly, electric motor.
3D exploded model rendering of an electric motor
Miracosta College seal rendering to be manufactured and put on podium and Dean's office display
Jun 2000 - Jul 2012
Technical Illustrator II (Collision Graphics Dept.)
Job Duties: (software: AutoCAD 14 & 2000, Photoshop CS4)
Drew vehicle assembly isometric exploded views, as well as orthographic/isometric/plan and sectional/cut-away views. Reproduced vehicle photographic images into detailed technical AutoCAD drawings. Imported different file types (JPEG, PNG, PDF, TIFF, etc.) into AutoCAD for drawing purposes. Prepared drawings for collision repair manuals: Lower body: Hand-drew vehicle frame, imported into/redrew in AutoCAD, input dimensions and callouts of measuring points. Took photos of vehicle frame, imported into Photoshop for stitching together (i.e., sizing-placement-merging of photos into one complete, seamless, large composite of entire vehicle). Upper body: Imported photos into AutoCAD, reproduced in AutoCAD all vehicle openings (doors/hood/trunk), input dimensions, placed arrows. Produced for identification purpose thumbnail picture/icon database of all vehicles via Photoshop vehicle image import, with image alteration (i.e., eliminating backgrounds/other images so only vehicle showed).
Per selection by supervisory personnel, single-handedly:
1. Created illustration database of: a) all insurance-covered vehicles [including motorhome, snowmobile, quad, school bus, jet ski, ski boat, truck, car, sport utility vehicles, etc.] for insurance damage-estimating purposes; b) emblems for all vehicle makes/models, domestic/imported [emblems also used by Mitchell staff as publication icons]; c) block Library of Parts to expedite Mitchell staff work flow (self-initiated idea);
2. For airbag identification in Rescuer Guide to Vehicle Safety Equipment, all domestic/ imported makes/ models: a) created vehicle sectional/cut-away-view illustrations to show airbag placement, which included creating from scratch drawings of vehicle interior/exterior [including seats, dashboards, etc.]; b) designed all icons/callouts for this;
3. Implemented color graphics, i.e., imported graphics into Photoshop for identification colors of special metals. Created legend and placed it on drawing that would call out particular color (such as aluminum, magnesium, ultra-high-strength steels, composites, etc.), then added pre-specified colors to specific parts;
4. Designed and illustrated repair manual cover for Collision Automotive Dimensions Manual for all vehicle makes/models, domestic/imported.
5. Illustrated all vehicle makes/models, domestic/imported, in AutoCAD for calling out of all individual glass locations (i.e., windshield, door, rear window) (National Auto Glass Specifications Manual).
Jun 2013 - Dec 2013
Solidworks Intro & Advanced 3D Design
Aug 2013 - Dec 2013
Mechanical Design Certificate Courses: 1) Advanced 3D Modeling & Prototyping; 2) Manufacturing Processes; 3) Graphics Communication
Jan 2013 - May 2013
Architectural Drafting Certificate Courses: 1) Architectural Theory; 2) Basic Architectural Drafting; 3) Environmental Architecture/Design; 4) Architectural Drawing & Color; 5) Intro to Revit Architecture