Senior System Test Engineer
- Senior Test Engineer
Myko Postal Security Device: Lead tester on project with junior engineers as support.
- Designed test stratagy for Postal Security Device.
- Interface between developers and test group.
- PSD Test Tool: Developed the concept and design for a multifacited test tool for testing of Postal Security Device (Storage of Monies and Ecryption used in securing customer and USPS funds)Time to market shortened and cost cutting by reuse of tool on other projects.
- Designed the characteristics of the tool and put them to a requirements document.
- Contracted “Systems Assistance” to write the code and a scripting language for meter message simulation.
- Primary contact with Systems Assistance for bug fixes and billing issue.
- This program is in use world wide today and has undergone numerous revisions to keep pace with the ever changing Postal Security Device used in the heart of all Pitney Bowes Meters.
- Because of intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the PSD I wrote the majority of the test scripts for junior engineers to execute.
- Created as part of the PSD Tool a DBASE where groups of scripts for each device and process could be stored for ease of use by even none test personel.
- Part of the Lead test team which brought Mega through it's development cycle. Our first attempt at using the USB communications for Meter internal and external communications.
- One of 4 engineers taught USB and responsible for bring junior and other senior engineers up to speed in the new communication protocol.
- Part of 3 man team which dbuged the USB protocol using the Chief protocol analyzer (capture , analyze data stream and advise for corrections).
- I Wrote scripts for the PSD Test Tool and handed them off to junior engineers to run and report results.
Smithsonian Project: In charge of software developer receiving daily assignment while project lead in Washington. Devised tests for hardware and software. Handled daily work load for hardware and software when needed.
Tracked all failures and delivered failure reports to senior managment.
- Helped developers recreate failures whenever possible. (This project is still running at the postal museum in Washington , DC. Since 1990)
- We as a company and the groups involved won high praises from the museum staff as well as our own management for being on time and our use of leading edge technology.
SoHo (Small Office Small Home mail franking)
- I had the responsibility of designing the test procedures and making sure implementation of test was carried out by my staff.
- Report testing results as part of daily status reports.
- Created test status Dbase using MSAccess for reporting and tracking purposes.
Test Engineer: Test software and theory behind software for soundness of business rules and compliance with the USPS Domestic Mail Manual. Projects worked on were Starsort, StartPort and RBase Database for tracking printhead qualilty.
- Starsort: is a project venture entered with IBM to get mail sorted in the zip +5 down to zip +2 packets before envelope stuffing. Saves time and money by performing critical mail address sorting and verification in the computer generating the add or billing rather than shuffeling of tons of paper in mail bins..
- Helps get billing to the customer quicker and customers tend to respond with remittence sooner.
- Starport: aprogram designed to have mail which has been sortered picked up by the USPS and to be delivered to their distribution center.Worked with the Domestic Mail Manual (USPS Bible) creating dbases of mail for simulated routing.
- Direct communications with both USPS and IBM.
Printhead Analysis: data capturing database.
- Created a dBase with 2k entries for printhead quality and print precision.
Amita: Responsible for the design and implementation of tests for a small office mail metering device (Stamps)
- It has it’s own version of a Postal Security Device and I chose to update the PSD Test Tool to handle the message structure and encryption required for testing (Less expensive than creating a new tool and the message structure was all that needed to be updated).
- Led a team of junior engineers instructing and teaching them in testing of the device.
- Worked with development team with reporting and verfing all failure reports and bug fixes.
- Part of the 2 man team to debunk the bugs in the USB protocol from the Postal Meter to the PC.
X2 PSD Development: Next generation of Postal Security Device. (enhancment to the encryption process) The USPS has requested the manufactures of PSD's move to the next level of security (Eliptical Curve Process)
- It was decided that since most of the code in the device was to remain the same that the most expedient way to test the device was for me to perform an audit of existing code and to test the encryption as a seperate subsystem.
Mega: Large volume mailing machine.
- I was the test lead for this Program. Involved with the development cycle of the product as a core team member reporting to the core team leader.
- I wrote scripts for the test tool for junior engineers to run test of communication, refill, franking mail (spending money) and call for Postal audit of meters. Complete automated regression testing.