Highly experienced hospitality management team skilled at hands-on operations, marketing, public relations, communications, financial management, maintenance, retail and food management, personnel management and providing the highest levels of customer service, seeks general management position with established small-to-midsize upscale resort, boutique hotel or quality tourism destination in Canada, the U.S. or Caribbean.
Core competencies include:
- Hands-on management of all aspects of business and operations, including P&L responsibility, strategic planning, development and management of revenue centers such as accommodations, retail, food service, tours, activities and special events.
- Customer service and sales. Creating a facility-wide culture of superior customer service. Handling daily visitor interactions, assistance and problem resolution. Managing reservations. Developing successful up-selling and cross-selling programs.
- Financial management, including accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, creating and meeting operational budgets, implementing inventory and cost control systems.
- Hiring and supervision of staff, instilling a passion for excellence and creating ongoing training programs to ensure professional proficiency and a high level of customer service.
- Marketing and sales, including creating and implementing effective and affordable strategies to increase visitation, occupancy and the bottom line.
- Communications, creating highly effective brochures, press releases and other print materials as well as creating and updating websites, and driving traffic through creative use of social media.
- Public Relations, including public speaking, community outreach, attracting and managing media, and developing strong relationships with government and industry partners.
- Hands-on facilities maintenance, including establishing maintenance schedule, performing and overseeing repairs as well as contracting and supervision of subcontractors involved in facilities repairs, upgrades and new construction.
Shared Work Experience (by relevance):