Aug 2005 - May 2009
Jul 2010 - Present
Time Warner Cable
- Create communication plans incorporating traditional and social media tactics
- Write news releases for distribution across Texas markets
- Generate positive media coverage for programming efforts and community events
- Keep updated record of all media coverage
- Create content for social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Pitch Engine
- Monitor social media tools and proactively engage in dialogue pertaining to Time Warner Cable's initiatives
- Plan and execute internal and external events
- Write and distribute internal newsletter for 1600 + employees
- Submit articles for inclusion in external customer newsletter
- Take photos and videos at events for use in company publications, social media tools and external newsletters
Jan 2010 - Jul 2010
Public Communications Assistant
City of College Station
- Designed and implemented marketing plans
- Wrote online and printed publications for the organization, including press releases and newsletters
- Maintained social media tools: Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress
- Planned events, including Citizen University, a 10-week program aimed at giving residents insight into city government
- Produced and hosted a weekly one-minute television segment that aired on the city's government access channel
- Created and placed advertisements in local media
- Appeared on local radio stations to discuss city activities and programs
May 2008 - Jan 2010
Public Communications Intern
City of College Station
- Provided general administrative support to staff
- Wrote routine news releases, monthly newsletters and editorial pieces
- Launched the City of College Station's presence in social media venues, including Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress
- Maintained city Web site with updated content
- Designed graphic advertisements and brochures
Jan 2008 - Sep 2008
College Relations Intern
Texas A&M University, College of Liberal Arts
- Wrote news releases for distribution
- Wrote short feature articles for web highlighting faculty and students
- Updated Web site with content and photos
- Published articles in the yearly philanthropic publication, Pathways
A development piece I wrote that appeared in the College of Liberal Arts yearly philanthropic publication.
Magazine article published in a local magazine.
This is the media coverage I earned through the prior request for coverage at our CAMM event.
Media coverage gained from the prior press release.
Press release I wrote announcing new programming on our local On Demand channel. The program earned great media coverage (see next item).
8-page insert I developed and wrote for publication in a business magazine.
This is a media request for coverage I created to garner media coverage at an event. The event was well attended by television stations, radio personalities and local newspapers (see next item for media coverage).
Example of the College Station Utilities newsletter I created content for.
Article I wrote about a College of Liberal Arts faculty member published in Quest, a Texas A&M publication.