I am an avid woodturner. I make custom writing instruments, Shaving brushes, razors, bowls and much more. In this hobby I use a wood lathe, id and od micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, protractors and thickness gauges as well as 3 and 4 jaw chucks.
I have attended 80 hours of manager / customer relations training and 40 hours of manager/ employee training.
I have an additional 8 weeks of classroom training on all aspects of restaurant management
I finished top in my class in the Integrity Selling program (8 weeks)
- Background encompasses extensive professional experience in Food Service Management and Property Maintenance in the following key positions of responsibility:Owner, General Manager; Assistant Manager.
- Strengths: Proven leadership/managerial abilities (able to motivate personnel to reach desired objectives); excellent communication/interpersonal skills (able to develop positive relationships with customers and employees); highly skilled at problem identification/problem resolution; results-oriented.
Dec 2012 - Present
Tarheel Capital (Wendy's)
Key responsibilities include helping in training Team Members, facilitating implementation of standard operating procedure of the company, and maintaining excellent customer satisfaction at all time. Also do product and supply inventory counting and recording, schedule work shifts, and ensure that all the company’s policies with regards to proper food handling and preparation are being implemented all throughout the stations.
Mar 2010 - Dec 2012
Quality Inspector/ CMM Operator
With Ms Companies I work with some of the worlds leading industries in automotive, aviation and space technologies, such as Lear, Managa, Honeywell, BMW, Wilbert Plastics
* Perform visual and dimensional inspections of in-process and finished
components, subassemblies, and products
* Use Zeiss Contura G2 CMM to check parts during production
* Provide input for inspection methods and improvements related to the job
* Assist quality and engineering in investigations of process related quality
* Write Non Conforming Materials Reports when required and be familiar with
the process of quarantining products that have been rejected by QA
* Provide samples and communication to QA and Production Management
concerning quality issues when required
* Use statistical analysis to determine correct sampling plan/frequency to insure
valid inspection plans.
* Maintains information systems. Completes accurate records (on paper and
electronic data) in order to provide excellent results. Also completes accurate
records for continuous improvement. These records include inspection
reports, training records, equipment maintenance logs, continuous
improvement initiatives, and corrective action reports. Understands the
function and purpose of these records. Completes records neatly with a goal
for 100% accuracy of content and spelling.
* Organizes work and storage areas for efficient workflow and to showcase the
quality of work in the lab.
* Develop or improve standard work to support both customer and supplier
Aug 2006 - Oct 2012
Byrum Real Estate Services
2001 - 2006
I started at Lowe's as an appliance sales specialist where I was always in the top sales people in our district. I then move to the cabinet department as a designer and as the only employee at the time I was able to increase the sales in the department and bring our earnings for the year back into the black. I then was moved to the flooring department to help increase sales and the closing percentage which I did.
1999 - 2001
2nd Assistant Manager
Ryans Family Restaurant
After going thru the 8 weeks of Ryan's Management training I was place in the store in Greer as a 2nd assistant manger. My duties included:
- customer service,
- back of house management
- front of house management
- cash control and deposits
- cost control (labor, food and waste)
1990 - 1999
I started with Pizza Hut in Manteo, NC as assistant manager and was recommended by my supervisor to be a unit manager. I was moved to the store in Henderson, NC as unit manger.
- I was able to bring food and labor cost in line, reduce turnover from over 80% down to less than 2%.
- Increase sales from $7000.00 per week to $20000.00 per week
- .Manage all aspects of food service operations(profit and loss responsibility).
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise, evaluate, schedule and terminate employees.
- Oversee inventory control, ordering, food sanitation and quality control of food products.
- Maintain excellent customer service by stressing "the customer comes first" in all weekly employee meetings.
- Ensured that all OSHA and DHEC regulations were complied with (passed all county and state-mandated inspections).
- Promoted from Assistant Manager, to General Manager based on exemplary job performance.