I am a marketing professional with twenty years' experience specializing in brand marketing, portfolio strategy and analysis and strategic resource allocation of sales and marketing spend. I have launched two blockbuster products (JANUVIA & Zyvox) and I have worked on several other pharma brands.
Most recently I have developed a strategic resource allocation framework that has significantly improved ROI on our current sales and marketing spend. I perform this work in two dimensions:
1) I optimize spend ($ multi-billions in my current role) across a portfolio of countries, and
2) across a portfolio of promoted products within a country. I recommend tradeoff decisions on resource allocation of sales and marketing spend with the following objectives:
- optimize return on marketing investment
- increase marketing contribution by at least 20% (tens-of-millions of dollars)
- ensure appropriate spend for a product’s position in its lifecycle
- link strategy to tactical spend in the promotion of a brand
- focus efforts on business-development candidates
My work creates options for senior management -- options that would not be readily apparent with normal P&L or NPV analysis or market research. I combine the financial data and the market-dynamics in unique metrics to deliver a broad set of tradeoff choices for any investment or spend decision. I characterize and clarify risk, growth and return to make the tradeoffs as straightforward as possible. My work significantly improves ROI on sales and marketing spend, in my current role by over 400%.