Database and Automation team leader
In Docomo Digital I'm the leader of the Database ad Automation team, which has the responsibility of maintaining the databases and automation system based on Ansible.
Me and my team are in charge to manage and tuning around 90 MySQL instances, several PostgreSQL cluster ( managed with pacemaker ), multiple MongoDB cluster ( configuring the monitoring also with the mongocloud portal ) and several Redis databases, running on Centos 7 and RHEL7 servers, with about 50TB of data.
With my colleagues we plan, deploy and maintain a an extremely vary ecosystem of servers: physical, virtual or container, linux.
The main tasks we manage are:
- All things monitoring: maintain and operate a customised Icinga installation, from the creation templates and dedicated check to the definition of custom dashboards based on Grafana.
- Support the BigData team maintaining a Kerberized Hadoop cluster (based on Cloudera version) managing all components ( Flume, HBase, Hive, Hue, Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark )
- Maintain multiple Elasticsearch cluster, supervising the ingestion flow and helping other teams exposing meaningful metrics with Kibana
- Automation: We implemented multiple Ansible playbook used for the deploy of machine and services. All activities are managed by a Rundeck Cluster.
- Starting from August I am in charge to deploy a PoC of Openshift Cluster based on OKD 3.11 version.