Pioneering digital media and technology executive with distinguished career, showcased by successes in spearheading breakthrough technology innovations and building, growing and improving the profitability, performance and value of companies. Demonstrated proven accomplishments for startups and large companies, domestic and international, in the satellite, cable, broadband Internet, online video, and consumer electronics industries.
- Former general manager of Sony Digital Media of America, directing U.S. efforts in digital satellite, cable and Internet consumer electronics products
- Negotiated $1B+ agreement with Cablevision for digital cable infrastructure products
- Led $188M investment and strategic alliance with General Instrument
- One of the original founding senior executives on teams that built and launched DIRECTV in U.S. and Latin America
- Directed development and launch of first digital set-top boxes
- Staffed DIRECTV International organization, directed development and launch of DIRECTV network and service in Latin America
- Advisory/consulting services and thought leadership for emerging over-the-top (OTT) video services industry
- New and innovative approaches to cloud-based, on-demand, à la carte video services to multiple CE devices
- Virtual MSO business models for subscription and transactional content offers with new approaches to advertising
- Executive management, interim management, business development, contract negotiations, deal-making, strategic partnerships, JVs.
- Technology, television, pay-TV business, digital media, video on demand (VOD), "over-the-top" (OTT), broadband networks, cloud-based streaming video, content acquistion and packaging, consumer electronics, satellite networks.
- Sharp understanding of the interrelationships of digital media, entertainment, and technology combined with the abillity to bridge technology, marketing, business and legal.
- Excellent negotiating, presentation and communications skills.
- Strategic thinker and visionary with gravitas, discipline and strong work ethic.
Directed operation for the Digital Media Division of Sony Electronics in the U.S. – establishing a $182M broadband, digital set-top box business unit and evolve to a service organization. Collaborated with senior management in all Sony divisions (Tokyo, U.S. corporate, electronics, studio/TV, music, online) to develop infrastructure and offerings for on-demand services. Structured, negotiated, and closed contracts with cable, satellite, software, and hardware manufacturers.
- DIRECTV International
Recruited to duplicate the success of the DIRECTV business in the U.S. and launch the service internationally.In charge of developing and staffing the international infrastructure and implementation organization. Hired and managed staff responsible for engineering, programming, marketing, sales, distribution, subscriber management, customer business systems, and broadcast center/operations. Expanded the organization from 5 to 133 employees within 1 year.
- DIRECTV U.S.
Recruited by President of DIRECTV as one of the original founding executives of the senior staff, leading the development and implementation of the world’s first digital multi-channel entertainment and information distribution network. Instrumental in the most successful and fastest startup in consumer electronics history (at the time) .
Directed market entrance for startup company formed at the height of the web 1.0 era; company developed an Internet-based VPN and broadband media portal accessible by consumers in public places via award-winning, patented Web Station™ kiosk terminals. Accelerated company from start-up with prototype products to professional network and organization ready for deployment. Member of the Board of Directors.
Myer & Associates
Provide strategic advisory services, expertise and management guidance in digital media, multi-channel entertainment and cloud-based distribution networks. Manage the entire client engagement cycle, providing services and deliverables, for startup, implementation, and operations. Co-founded QubeMedia, Inc., a cloud-based web 2.0+ company for an on-demand, à la carte and streaming network and video entertainment service to compete with pay-TV offerings via “over-the-top” (OTT) broadband to multiple screens.
Post graduate courses in business, finance, management