Executive Supply Chain / Procurement Leader
Peak performance Purchasing/Supply Chain executive with wide ranging experience developing, leading, planning, organizing, and evaluating high-performing teams and processes. Dynamic self-motivated team player and collaborator with an unparalleled work ethic and track record for exceeding aggressive goals; supporting market share gains, margin pick-up, and critical metric step level improvement. Expertise includes workflow planning and optimization, resource development/mentoring, continuous improvement, contract negotiations, vendor management, and risk management. Strong relationship builder, highly capable of partnering with colleagues, vendors, staff, and administration. Innovative forward thinker, organized and detail oriented, with proven strengths in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks to drive top performance.
Budget Preparation · Contract Negotiations ·Contract Management ·Expense Control ·Purchasing/Procurement · Inventory Control ·Supplier/Vendor Management · Strategic Sourcing ·
Policy/Procedure Development · Project Management · International Business · Process Improvement · Team Building/Development ·Oracle/SAP/Ariba ·Lean/Six Sigma · Supply Risk Management
- Transformed organizational structure, re-engineered roles, developed and mentored staff and improved and standardized processes of an underperforming organization, resulting in savings of 200%+ versus goal.
- Created globally consistent and leveraged inventory process, including tools and procedures to address all inventory segments, which reduced inventory 25% over two years.
- Restructured procurement group and instituted new methodology to improve performance in quality, service and costs, also reduced structural costs by 30% by effectively leveraging resources and supplier management techniques.
- Implemented, orchestrated and led annual supplier conferences to align objectives with key suppliers. Effective dialogue with supplier executives, contributed to 50% on-time delivery improvement.
- Implemented GM common purchasing processes in China, focusing on capital equipment, construction and indirect materials and services, consistently saved 20-30% on capital expenditures through effective negotiations and training/mentoring of local national staff.
- Generated $27.9M in material savings over a four-year period, representing an average annual cost reduction of 6.5% over that time frame.
- Led negotiations resulting in $100M change cost reductions within the construction contracts with local firms, and supported implementation of GM’s lean manufacturing processes.