Vice President Human Resources
FREDERICK GOLDMAN, INC.
Frederick Goldman, Inc., is the world's largest manufacturer of plain and engraved wedding bands for sale to retailers. A leader in brand development, our major customers include, Zales, Wal*Mart, Macy's, Kohl's, Bailey, Banks and Biddle as well as over 4,000 independent jewelers. Our brands include Keepsake, Diana and ArtCarved Bridal.
Report to the Chief Executive Officer of this $180 million international jewelry manufacturing, marketing and distribution company. Responsible for all human resources activities for over 1000 employees in multiple locations. Direct a professional and administrative support staff of six.
- Established and organized a solid and professional human resources department. Became a strategic partner and internal consultant to senior and line management by establishing credibility through significant bottom line achievements.
- Organize, budget, plan, develop and direct the implementation and administration of all phases of human resources activities.
- Plan, develop and interpret all corporate polices and procedures relating to human resources activities.
- Saved the Company over $800,000 by engineering and restructuring the workforce to meet and exceed FLSA guidelines and successfully negotiating with the Department of Labor during a Company audit.
- Developed and implemented salary administration and performance management systems establishing goals and objectives, ongoing feedback and merit increase guidelines. Provided extensive management development and significantly improved employee morale.
- Led and implemented HR due diligence during several successful corporate acquisitions and joint ventures.