Regional carrier that built and operated its own wireless network across the state of Hawaii
Initially recruited as Project Manager to lead launch team for Mobi PCS. Responsible for all aspects of project including scope, time, cost and risk management. Developed and implemented major voice and data initiatives related to wireless broadband, mobile web, phone-in-box, and Android offerings. Led three direct reports (Product Manager, Technical Specialist, and Inventory Manager), administered annual operating budget, and had P&L responsibility.
Responsibility for handsets, accessories, and development of software services. Directed portfolio of products managing them through their lifecycle, including business models, financial justifications, roadmap definition, and competitive channel strategies. Creation of Market Requirement Documents (MRD) and Product Requirement Documents (PRD). Gained executive approvals, led cross-functional project teams, managed vendors, and developed marketing communication and go-to-market strategies. Recommended product strategy; created roadmaps and pricing strategies. Directed configuration, testing, performance analysis, and Tier III technical support for 32 models of handsets annually.
- Succeeded in launching Mobi PCS service on-schedule after two missed launch dates before I was hired as Project Manager.
- Reached 6% market share and profitability in less than five years by understanding customer needs and delivering high value services.
- Negotiated vendor agreements for 60,000 handsets per year (32 different models annually).
- Contributed to a 20% increase in customers by directing the Hele wireless broadband launch.
- Delivered $3 million in services revenue annually.