I was the Senior Netbackup Administrator and had a secondary responsibility of the SAN.
When I started there were 7 Senior level people on the team that I was fortunate enough to form great relationships with and get mentored from. After 14 months of being at the company all 7 Senior members left and I was the most tenured team member remaining. I was doing the work-load of multiple people as our team size was down to 3 people at one point.
From a backup perspective I quickly rose the ladder due to my ability to pick-up things very quickly, and make positive relationships so there was open communication. When the team lead left the company I stepped in as acting team lead while maintaining a solid record of successful projects.
I was responsible for over 680 clients, 15 Master servers & 25 Media servers.at 15 locations which were of the following Operating Systems: Windows 2000 & 2003, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Linux, VMware, and AIX.
Our team managed 313TB of disk storage in 5 locations which was hosted on Hitachi 9980, AMS 1000, USP Tagmastore 600 & NetApp. We also managed Brocade 48k directors in a highly available dual fabric core edge design in 2 datacenters. We also managed the STK tape libraries (9310, SL8500 & L700) using 9840 & LTO tapes via ACSLS.
- Project Manager & Lead For Netbackup 5.1 to 6.0 Upgrade In 2 Locations.
- Re-Architected & Standardized Entire Backup Infrastructure to reach SLA's on Production.
- Project Manager & Lead For Netbackup 6.0 to 6.5 Upgrade in 2 Locations.
- Project Manager & Lead For Shifting Non-Core Hours Monitoring of Backups to Operations.
- Lead Architect For Implementing D2D2T Backups in 2 Locations.
- Engineered Daily Disaster Recovery Vault Process For Primary & Fail-Over Data Centers.