Internet Technical Support
- Supported individual and commercial clients using Netscape and Microsoft Explorer.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving problems with modems, DSL and T1 via telephone, and helping customers install the promotional WestNet CD.
- Set up Email accounts, website hosting, login names and passwords.
- Used Unix Solaris system to monitor network, servers and websites; also installed network back up tapes.
- Collected monthly usage fees for website hosting, email boxes and Internet surfing.
Jul 2005 - Present
IT Support/Purchasing Agent
·Responsibilities encompass all phases of technical support and purchasing.Duties:
- Technical Support:Responsible for the set-up, installation, maintenance and repair of desktops, monitors, network printers, servers, remote laptops, IBM Zebra label printers and peripherals.
- Utilize Sage BEST software for manufacturing, setting up and maintaining new user accounts, accounts access, and adding or removing user rights to the network.
- Run and maintain tape backups every night using Veritas Software.
- Research, purchase and install equipment and peripherals, based on analysis of user requirements.
- Other duties include maintaining network servers, user support, troubleshooting desktops remotely using VNC, running and installing network cabling and networking wall adapters, user training, quality assurance, system documentation and security, and basic copier maintenance.
- Installed, maintained and networked ADP Hand Scan equipment and online software used for collecting time data and also to add and remove employees from payroll.
- Purchasing: Order and purchase coffee, equipment and peripherals.
- This involves interacting with vendors, processing customer requests, creating up sales and purchase orders, and setting up pick or drop ship equipment (for Barrie or customers), monitoring items ordered, ensuring customers receive their items, and resolving order problems.
·Currently upgrading all computers and the network, installing firewalls, setting up new laptops, and removing obsolete equipment.
Aug 2003 - Jul 2005
IT Support/Jr. Network Adminstrator
Community Choice Health Plan
·Responsible for providing technical support for 80 users with desktop and laptop computers networked through hubs and Windows 2000 servers.Duties:
·Technical:Installed, customized, upgraded, troubleshot and maintained all hardware (printers, CAT 5 cables, data ports, routers/ wireless routers, switches), and software applications (Windows 2000 & XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
·Imaged standard operating system environment on desktop using Norton Ghost.
·Maintained, ordered and repaired Nextel phones, copy & fax machines, and set up access codes.
·Other duties included network backup and system restoration using Veritas software, LAN Support, setting up temporary networks, adding users to the network, and assisting the Help Desk
·Management:Established and managed all user and e-mail accounts, network permissions, access levels, log-ins and passwords, using Microsoft Exchange; this involved creating accounts, managing distribution lists, maintaining system security, and granting appropriate access.
·Other duties included training, documentation, inventory, selecting new hardware/software, vendor relations, quality assurance, and consulting with senior-level managers regarding technical issues.
·Upgraded all workstations and converted users from Windows 2000 to XP.
·Initiated and installed firewalls to increase Internet security.
·Maintained 24-hour on-call status.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2003
Information Systems Coordinator
·Installed and maintained all hardware/software on 50 employee laptops and desktops.
·Performed networking installations and maintenance on servers, workstations and printers.
·Provided technical support for satellite offices and networks.
·Collected and processed marketing data from online surveys and market research.
·Worked with network servers, hubs, switches and firewalls.
·Set up and maintained audio/visual equipment for meetings and presentations.
·Collected and processed survey data using MySQL/Red Hat Linux
·Installed and updated Anti-virus software at 50 workstations.
·Provided Quality Assurance testing for online marketing software, IdeaMap.net.
·Installed network cabling through entire office.
Jan 1998 - Jun 1999
Associates in Applied Sciences
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Network Administration, 6/99