- More than 10 years of increasing responsibilities in world-class companies.
- Extensive experience in: Purchasing and Procurement, Operations Planning, and Materials Management.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Well-established leadership qualities.
- Sharp Business and Financial acumen.
- Ability to... ...rapidly adapt to changing situations, ...to thrive in high-pressure environments, ...and to collaborate with people of different organizational areas and levels.
- Fully bilingual English and Spanish. Mexican citizenship.
Currently considering opportunities to contribute to the success of a business by effectively -and profitably- managing the relationships with its vendors and suppliers, and by ensuring the correct flow of materials through the supply chain..
Aug 2007 - Mar 2009
Corporate Procurement Manager
Corporación del Fuerte
Corporate Procurement and Supply Manager for a group of Coca-Cola bottlers in northwest Mexico.
- Led sourcing and procurement of strategic materials, services, and Fixed Assets
- Coordination and support of local Purchasing Depts.
- Responsible for establishing and updating purchasing policies and procedures for the Group.
- Normalized and accelerated purchasing processes at corporate level.
- Achieved cost reductions for Point-of-Purchase marketing materials.
May 2005 - Jul 2007
Production, Capacity and Logistics Planning of two wood products assembly Plants.
- In charge of Planning and Scheduling team.
- Established an improved process for daily production planning and control, in a high-mix low-volume environment, taking advantage of ERP system.
- Originally hired as Sr. Buyer.
- Streamlined and normalized MRO purchasing process.
Sep 2000 - Mar 2005
Senior Buyer - Contract Manufacturing
Hughes Network Systems
Senior Buyer of outsourced electronic circuit board assemblies, from Contra ct Manufacturers (CMs) such as Flextronics and Jabil Circuit.
- Purchased up to $50 Million in subcontracted assemblies per year.
- Also developed new low-volume local CMs.
- Sourced local bulk material vendors.
- Established a local Purchasing Department for MRO supplies.
Apr 1998 - Sep 2000
Planning and control of Sony Tijuana Computer Display business, including production, delivery and supply chain inventory.
- Administration of OEM customers such as Dell, Compaq and IBM as Plant representative, working alongside Sony San Diego Business and Sales divisions.
- Prepared and presented to Plant's top management: sales forecasts, PC and display market overviews, and display business profitability analysis to assess their potential impact.