- American Society of Training & Development - Los Angeles Chapter
- University of Rhode Island Alumni Association - Los Angeles Chapter, President & Founder
- Elearning Guild member
Training & Development: Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Customer/Employee Training, Sales Training, Technical Training, Leadership Development, Onboarding
Business: Management, Strategic Planning, Budgeting P&L, Project Management, Change Management, Business Process Management, Marketing, Product Development, Business Development
E-Learning: LMS/LCMS, Web Conferencing (Webinars), HTML, Web 2.0 (inc. Blogs/Wikis), AICC/SCORM/SCORM 1.2/SCORM 2004, Open Source, Communities of Practice (COPs), Web Development/Design, VOIP, Emerging Technology, Audio/Video, Podcasts
Plus: Social Learning, Mobile Learning, Social Media, Virtual Communities
Software (inc., but not all): Articulate Studio (Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker, Video Encode), Camtasia, Snag-IT, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Nitro PDF, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Publisher, Dreamweaver, Cakewalk Pyro Audio Creator, Microsoft 2000, XP, Vista (32/64), Win7 (32/64)
Jan 2010 - Present
Brandon Hall Research
Writing Learning Management Systems research briefs. Writing e-learning analysis reports.
Jun 2009 - Sep 2009
Director of Training
Fast Found Technologies
Company closed down operations on Sept. 10th, 2009.
Established new training department at company in the software industry. Responsible for developing and implementing e-learning sales training solutions for sales reps and nationwide b2b (business to business) resellers/distributors, including call centers for small and medium sized businesses. HIGHLIGHTS
- Developed and implemented a product learning series for small and medium size businesses on how to use Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites for sales, branding, marketing and reputation management
- Created a WBT sales course incorporating the use of YouTube and Twitter for additional interactivity and real time engagement
- Planned and pre-implemented Learning Management System with multiple languages capability
Feb 2007 - Feb 2009
Corporate Director of Training
Pacific Clinics Training Institute (PCTI)
Developed and implemented strategic plan for agency wide training and development. Created and oversaw curriculum development, products, marketing and budget for Training Institute at the largest behavioral healthcare firm west of the Mississippi. Developed and launched training courses/seminars (classroom/webinars/WBT) to 1,200 employees in 70 locations in Southern California as well as outside agencies throughout California. Managed a team of five.
- Planned and implemented a blended learning (classroom, e-learning, mobile) strategy which increased productivity at multiple locations on average by 52%
- Created, monitored and oversaw 1M budget as well as P&L, reducing training costs
- Managed entire implementation project for an agency-wide Learning Management System (LMS)
Sep 2005 - Feb 2007
Training Lead - Project Manager
Managed resources and budget for all areas of training. Team lead for PeopleSoft Enterprise One implementation. Developed training framework and processes including instructional design methodology for all training deliverables.
- Established project plan, monitored, tracked, reported
- Member of steering committee
- Directed the training implementation to 1,600 employees in multiple locations in the areas of manufacturing, warehouse, distribution, service and sales
- Created and executed processes in change management
Feb 2005 - Sep 2005
Developed and implemented e-learning strategy and training program for the sales and marketing division representing over 17,000 sales personnel throughout the United States.
- Created and implemented multiple communities of practice (social networks) for sales regions throughout the United States
- Designed quick reference guides and courses on soft skills, including sales, coaching and management
Jul 2004 - Sep 2004
Project Manager - Contractor
Bank of America
Managed sourcing projects for the lines of business (LOBs) in relation to an implementation of a worldwide learning management system at Bank of America and all its subsidiaries.
- Developed pricing scorecard/pick list for the department that is being used to identify potential vendors as well as assist the LOBs in the evaluation of course design and delivery pricing
- Created and implemented department wide process plans for vendor certification
Apr 2002 - Jul 2004
Director of Education and Rental Business Development
American Rental Association
Developed and managed all facets of training, products, marketing and services for worldwide trade association, including budget. Created blended learning strategy (classroom, paper, e-learning) for members (business owners) and members’ employees. Developed and implemented curriculum learning tracks for all employee levels at member’s stores.
- Created and implemented training programs and virtual seminars that increased productivity at members’ stores by 46%
- Developed training materials for members and employees using ADDIE instructional design
- Established trade association certification/re-certification program including examination procedures for the following industries: party/event rental, construction rental, general tool rental
Jun 2001 - Apr 2002
SAP Course Developer (Contractor)
Created training materials on 200M SAP implementation of Sales and Distribution (SD), Financials (FI) and Business Warehouse (BW) modules.
- Conducted interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather business processes and documented accordingly
- Facilitated train the trainer nationwide to subject matter experts (SMEs)
May 2000 - May 2001
Manager of Education Services
Established and managed training department for software company (b2b) that provided over 600 training sessions (instructor, webinar, web based). Managed a team of trainers on the east and west coasts. Created WBT for MediaMap products and built a LMS, which housed online courses to be accessed by customers and employees.
- Designed and implemented training programs that generated 500K in revenue and cut costs by 35%
- Established multiple curriculum tracks for employees using gap analysis
- Created quick reference cards and other training materials for on-site technical training workshops
- Managed 1M budget
Oct 1993 - May 2000
Broadcast Journalism/Journalism Teacher
- Established first online journalism class in the University of Nebraska system
- Created first high school television network in the state of Texas
- Created first high school newspaper to be seen on the Internet via the CompuServe network