Professional Engineering Consultants
Maguire Rd., Segment III, Ocoee, FL:
- Took over the project at 60% and completed to 100% awaiting final R/W and legal issues.
- Involved converting entire project from Microstation V7 to V8.
- Provided some redesign to the roadway and signing and pavement marking plans.
- Complete redesign of the drainage system.Involved modifying the locations and flow lines of all inlets.Relocated a pond and changed the flow lines and sizes of several inlets to compensate for the change. Changes were done using Geopak Drainage.
- Provided new profile to show the new drainage profile.
- Provided plan view design of the relocated pond.
- Contacted utilities to help design proposed drainage, sanitary and water mains around existing utilities.
- Evaluated a proposed driveway using Autoturn to determine if it was possible for truck traffic to enter the existing site using the proposed driveway. This was done for several parcels to determine what compensation, if any, they would get for loss of business due to roadway widening.
C.R. 419, Chuluota, Seminole County, FL:
- Assisted in providing a proposed alignment, design and profile for our proposal for C.R. 419.
- Field review to take pictures and determine design constraints.
- Created boards to be used in the presentation of the project that resulted in the winning of the project.
- Worked on the preliminary engineering report, making figures and tables and researching information on the project.
- Created and maintained website for project using Microsoft FrontPage.
- Created proposed profiles, proposed alignment and proposed cross sections for design of C.R. 419 using Microstation and Geopak.
10th St. and U.S. 1, New Smyrna Beach, Volusia County, FL:
- Took over the project at the 100% stage and worked on getting a driveway connection permit.
- When it was determined that the proposed culvert under an existing railroad would be extremely expensive, an alternative design was considered.This involved lowering the design speed of the road so that smaller horizontal curves could be used.This was done to allow for a road/rail crossing that would allow the existing rail/canal crossing to remain.
- Converted entire project from Microstation V7 to V8 in preparation for doing alternative design
- Provided the entire redesign proposal including roadway and signing and pavement markings.
- A side street connection was also redesigned and involved using Autoturn to evaluate the possible truck traffic that would be entering and exiting the road.This was done to provide an adequate design for the truck traffic.
- Provided a redesign of the 10th St. & U.S. 1 intersection. Included redesigning curb cut ramps, repositioning mast arm locations as well as loops, conduit runs, pull boxes and pedestrian signals. Also redesigned several of the signal head locations as well as the type of signal head used. Signing and pavement marking of the intersection was also redesigned.
S.R. 415 and S.R. 46, Sanford, FL:
- Designed an interim intersection improvement
- County lacking the funds necessary to do the designed roadway improvements for both S.R. 415 and S.R. 46, so this project was done to increase the capacity of the intersection.
- Involved adding thru-lanes in each direction on S.R. 415 as well as adding a southbound right turn lane.
- Due to the widening, the existing ditch at the intersection was re-aligned.
- Signal head modification was also necessary.
- Helped create a preliminary engineering report with three alternatives.