Employment in a software development department which will enable me to hone my skills in software development.
Sep 2009 - Present
- Provided user applications and engineering support and recommendations for new and existing equipment with regard to installation, upgrades and enhancement.
- Maintained working knowledge of state-of-the-art tools, software, etc., through independent reading and training.
- Conferred with staff, users, and management to establish requirements, update progress, and inform of release schedules for new features and modifications.
- Estimated, and tracked, time required to complete projects to support cost effective business planning.
Jul 2004 - Sep 2009
- Designed, developed and administered company's Internet and Intranet sites using internally developed PHP framework and ROR (Ruby-On-Rails).
- Wrote and debugged unit and functional tests, in internally developed unit testing framework and ROR provided unit testing framework, to ensure accurately implemented development.
- Assisted new Software Developers integrate into software development department by explaining internal procedures and providing necessary account accesses.
- Integrated content and design provided by other departments such as sales, marketing, and business development.
- Incorporated content management system into the company's web site using AJAX, thus allowing non-technical personnel to contribute to the site.
- Implemented third party traffic tracking software providing management with the ability to determine the effectiveness of new designs and workflows for Internet sites.
- Implemented web application allowing non-technical management of cross-linking affiliate management.
- Added a facility allowing customers to request a call back from the sales department.
- Spearheaded migration from Subversion to Git.
- Ensured proper operation of the web site with various browsers on different platforms.
- Independently converted some of company's intranet and Internet applications from PHP to ROR.
- Developed plug-in which facilitates the use of PostgreSQL stored procedures, user defined types, trigger functions, and views in ROR.
- Compiled and installed software on Linux in preparation of releasing new software applications written in PHP and ROR.
- Generated, analyzed, and optimized database reports in SQL for forecasting success and strategic planning.
- Wrote and maintained shell scripts, including scheduled tasks, to automated system maintenance and operation.
Oct 1999 - Dec 2002
Customer Service Rep
- Wrote, designed and produced training manual.
- Kept records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Trained and managed class of 20 customer service agents.
- Liaised account wide service issues with remote call center personnel and higher level support.
- Was referred to for unresolved customer grievances and incomplete problem resolution.
- Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Referred unresolved customer issues to designated departments for further investigation.