To obtain an administrative position that allows me to utilize my skills and abilities in an office environment and apply my knowledge of accounting.
·Hard working, able to multi-task effectively.
·Enjoy working in a challenging, fastpaced environment.
·Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Mar 2005 - Present
Sunflower County Sheriff Department
§Properly handle emergency and non-emergency calls.
§Provide appropriate and various reports for each and every situation.
§Provide prompt assistance in a caring and resourceful manner.
§Communicate over public airways the appropriate responses to officers in
the line of duty and other public officials.
§Perform background checks and general office task such as: handle
multiple phone lines, faxing, copying, and filing.
Mar 2009 - Oct 2009
U.S. Census Buureau
- Conduct production training.
- Travel to and from different sites.
- Attend meetings and confernce calls.
- Perform initial odservation of enumeratore while address canvassing.
- Submit payroll using HHC.
Apr 2007 - Apr 2008
Boone Law Firm
- Maintaining files in ares of personal injury, worker's compensation, class action pharmaceutical claims, nursing home neglect, and bankruptcy.
- Requesting documents such as medical records, pharmacy record, loss wages,accident reports, and etc.
- Supplemented medical records and bills to claims adjuster.
- Performed important administrative support duties to achieve office efficiency including facilitating communication, document indexing, scheduling appointments, and etc.
- Facilitated strategic communication by preparing documents relative to department initiatives using various appliactions such as Trial Works, Excel, and Micrsoft Word.
Feb 2004 - Oct 2004
Scheduling Coordinator / Floor Secretary
Greenwood Leflore Hospital
- Responsible for scheduling, canceling, or moving cases for surgery with doctors or offices taking into consideration available time, procedure times, and policies.
- Assist in entering and editing all patient data and charges.
- Advise functional analyst of any situations, which need attention or correction and co-ordinates with other staff members in the unit to ensure that all required data, reports, and workload is handled in a timely and accurately manner.
- Assist with admitting, discharging, and transferring of patients.
- Performed computerized order entry and transcription of physicians' orders with completion of follow through documentation.
- Assemble and maintain medical records.
- Maintain floor stock of supplies and forms for continuing effective unit functions.
Jun 2000 - Sep 2003
Greenwood Leflore Hospital
·Responsible for telephone and mail follow-up on amounts due from
third party payers on a timely basis.
·Maintain a tickler file of accounts, following up by telephone and/or
correspondence on outstanding balances.
·Enter patient insurance data in the system.
·Maintain current knowledge of third party payer procedures
requirements etc, as necessary for effective follow-up activity.
Sep 2002 - Apr 2003
Greenville Postal Service
·Load mail on the delivery bar code sorter machine.
·Sort and box mail into residential and business boxes.
·Assist customers at pickup window.