Focus of the program:
- Network applications, inter process communication and multi-threaded applications.
- Search algorithms and advanced data structures.
- Operating systems and distributed systems.
1. Peer to Peer File System ( C++, STL, Unix , Socket Api, Pthreads, OpenSSL, TCP/IP )
- Developed a Gnutella like p2p framework with features including backbone formation, dynamic node discovery and network topology plotter.
- Implemented message queues, multi-threading, anonymity, digital signatures and keyword search using bloom filter with SHA1and MD5.
2. Artificial Intelligence ( C++, STL )
- Implemented search algorithms A* and simulated annealing, and fuzzy logic to control the movement of a moving object in 2-D space.
3. Weather Forecast Notifier ( Python, Yahoo weather Api, Twitter Api , Xml , Restful services framework )
- Developed and deployed a solution to send daily forecast through text message to any mobile phone in US.
- Helps users who like to know weather forecast before leaving for work but can't check it on the internet every morning. (It is currently being run using USC's web servers.)
4. Worm Filter ( C , Linux , Net filter, Wire-shark )
- Developed a worm filtering utility that identifies patterns in network packets and creates firewall rules through IPtables.
5. Multi-Player Network Game ( C#, Microsoft XNA )
- Implemented the networking module for Multi-player online game .
6. Project Possibilty ( 48 Hour Programming Contest )
- Developed a proof of concept application for Neural Impulse Actuator to simulate the mouse functionality with only eye muscle movements.
Research Papers :
1. Distributed File Systems.
- Analyzed the consistency model and scalability of distributed file systems - Google file system, Andrew file system and zFS.
2. Security in Peer to Peer Systems.
- Analyzed the security issues and solutions in p2p systems due to malicious internal nodes.