Manufacturing Launch Engineer/Program Management
Emhart Teknologies- Stanley Black & Decker
Emhart Teknologies, Chesterfield, MI
April, 2010 - till dateManufacturing Launch Engineer, Injection Molded Plastic. Rubber and Two shot ComponentsProgram Management responsibility for 12 new programs including 60 molds of bumper spacer/bracket for Toyota, Honda and Chrysler as well as small plastic components for GM, Ford and Texas instrument. Hands on experience in modification and updates to plant layout, plant process, capacity calculation and planning, equipment specification & requirements for new program launch. Responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing , Kaizen waste reduction, man assignment, value stream mapping, lead-time reduction, SMED, 5S,Gemba Walk and floor space savings, Production planning and logistic for lean process, modification of assembly fixtures for error and mistake proofing. Plant/site team leader to coach, train, implement and enforce Lean Principles. Site leader for generating and tarcking of $0.5M in annual savings.Well rounded, diverse & extended role in Manufacturing and Program Management from development to launch.
- Leadership in driving consensus and set direction between cross functional teams of design, engineering, quality, program management, product planning and logistics for manufacturing readiness.
- Program Manager /Team Leader to track major milestones and deliverables to ensure parts availability in timely fashion for 12 new programs.
- Manufacturing Program Manager to track CSM forecasts for CPV/FPV and capacity calculation, plan and schedule mold arrival dates, tool tryout for process verification, pre-production process optimization and ramp up.
- Oversaw mold design during design phase and sign off based on plant manufacturability and compatibility.
- Updated current equipments to standardize process in the plant as part of 5S initiative.
- Initiated business case for capital expense, used capacity analysis and calculation with justification and savings of $5M over life of the programs.
- Wrote capital expense package with an investment of over $3M as part of cost saving business case.
- Lead responsibility for budgeting, financing and expenses for expansion project; successfully executed the project within quoted scope.
- Design and developed assembly fixture for error and mistake proofing to eliminate customer concerns.
- Led and drive teams of bargaining unit and achieved aggressive timeline to commission 3 injection molding machine, robot, guarding and auxiliary equipments with in 13 weeks.
- Developed Value stream map (VSM) to identify wait, waste and lead-time, reduced waste by re-allocation and balancing of manpower. Used Kanban for lead-time reduction and SMED activity for setup reduction.