Self Motivated Project engineering professional with 13 years of experience working on multiple simultaneous programs, leading to a position of lead engineer or project manager within a challenging & highly technological environment. Results driven but professionally able to work effectively in teams or independently to meet and exceed business as well as customer needs.
Key Skills &
ProvideLeadership in Program Management, Supplier Management and Customer Interface. Product
development, system and sub-system level plant processing andlayout, DFSS, Lean Manufacturing
Kaizen & SMED. Weibull reliability analysis, FEA/CAE Analysis, FMEA & control plan development,
source package development, design of experiments (DOE), Statistical process control (SPC), PSO &
PPAP activities, APQP, ASME Y14.1/ANSI/ASTM standard, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
(GD&T), warranty analysis & resolution, cost reduction, product launch support, design specification
development, competitive benchmarking, root cause analysis, DFM & DFA, design for repair efficiency,
MS Office, Project & Visio, Catia V4/V5, Pro-E, Solid works, DWG Editor & Autocad 2006.
- Design and developed plant layout, fabrication and system level final assembly process with Lean Manufacturing Process. Leading 5S implementation, tool facility layout, and commissioning of production equipments.
- Developed Injection molded integrated gas assist grab handle, first in the company with savings of $2.5 per vehicle
- Mold Flow Analysis for tool design & capability; update gate locations to resolve flow lines, knit line etc.
- Supported Chrysler supply base in a dedicated 10 month project of Injection molded and extrusion equipment,tool move and commissioning including corrections in manufacturing errors by implementing Lean Process.
- Responsible for coordinating design and development activities for lifting device to pick up engine from the rack this resulted in zero injuries to operator, improved throughput and eliminated material damage.
- Designed , developed and implemented engine nesting fixture for 5.7ltr HEMI engine resulting in eliminating 100% warranty cost of engine oil leak and cost saving of estimated $0.5M.
- Team lead responsibility to test, validate and implement wireless electric tool technology in vehicle assembly plant. This will result in potential reduction in facility equipment and an improvement in quality with savings of $0.2M.
- Reduced costs by $5.1 million to Chrysler as part of a special project team by process of detailed analysis of component designs, benchmarking competitor components, analyzingChrysler & supplier manufacturing methods, supply base optimization, & comparative logistical costs for areas which we could reduce cost while retaining or improving quality of components.
- Traveled internationally to conduct pre-production evaluations of supplier manufacturing facilities and for design controls, including suppliers located in Canada, Mexico and China.
- Analyzed warranty data, used DFSS tool to improve roof molding design and reduced service cost along with reduction in variable cost with overall savings of more than 95 percent or $1.5M annually.
- Led multiple presentations to management at both director & vice-president level and also led design meetings in coordination with cross functional teams & multiple suppliers to meet constraints of program time lines.
- Resolved structural & buckling issue by identifying and investigating processing issue with annual savings of $1M.
- Participated in multiple Chrysler charitable events including construction projects in low income neighborhoods.
Emhart Teknologies (Stanley Black & Decker Automotive Division), Chesterfield, MI
April 2010 – till date
Manufacturing Launch Engineer/Program Management, Injection Molded Exterior, Bumper Spacers
PAX Streamline, Novato, CA
March 2009 - March 2010
Manufacturing Project Engineer/Management, Two Shot Injection Molding & Extrusion -Green/Lean HVAC System
Chrysler LLC, Auburn Hills, MI
February 2007 - December 2008
Project Engineer/Management, Injection Molded Exterior, Wiper/Washer & Mirror Systems
DaimlerChrysler Corporation, Detroit, MI
February 2004 - January 2007
Product Engineer, Structures & BIW Sheet Metal
August 1999 - January 2004
Product Engineer, Injection Molded Hard Trim Interior & Instrument Panel (IP)
General Motors, Detroit, MI
Design Release Engineer, Injection Molded Air Inlet Panel
Chrysler Corporation, Detroit, MI
Resident Engineer (Advance Manufacturing), Power Train
University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI
MS(E) in Mechanical Engineering, 1996
Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI
MBA in Business Management, 2007