Seeking an entry level position exploring the fields of hardware & software development, embedded systems, software design. Currently available.
I am a motivated and disciplined individual who enjoys learning new things. I have experience as a software engineer, but am also interested in embedded system design, hardware development, low level software/hardware interactions and firmware development. I have experience with high level (C, C++) programming along with with basic Linux device driver development, PCB design, PCB soldering, hardware debugging using tools such as a multimeter and oscilloscope.
Although I am currently in the Boston area, I am willing to relocate.
Jul 2008 - Present
Software Systems Design Engineer
Active development and maintenance of VisualDSP++ software:
- Feature additions, enhancements, and maintenance work of linker and assembler for SHARC and Blackfin families of products
- Implementation of FFT, FIR, and IIR algorithms as part of SHARC simulator
- Log and fix software defects and enhancement requests
- Assist customers with analyzing and solving software issues
Aug 2006 - May 2008
Provide software support to BU students, faculty, and staff. Completed software backups, data recovery, computer repairs, and software consultations.
May 2006 - Aug 2006
Ayushakti Ayurved, US. Inc.
Setup and configuration for Cisco 501E PIX firewall behind a load balancing switch, VoIP phone, networked printers, networked QuickBooks database with multi-user capability
Office Manager: Customer relations, order processing, & office relocation
Dec 2002 - Dec 2005
American Red Cross, Bergen-Hudson Chapter
Volunteered over winter and summer breaks to help local Red Cross office.
May 2003 - Aug 2005
Thacher Proffitt & Wood, LLP.
- Supervised, coordinated and managed intern team which automated process for installing and configuring 500 office workstations within a tight time frame for all five site offices
- Built software packages using Altiris Initial Deployment solution software
- Configured wireless equipment, switches, and core routers for new office location
May 2004 - Jul 2004
Honorable Congressman Scott Garrett
Office setup and maintenance, liasion to local businesses and residents.
Aug 2003 - May 2004
Data recovery, computer systems analysis, hardware & software support, repair and customer relations.
2005 - 2008
Computer Engineering Senior Design Project - 3D LED Cube Display
- Complete design and fabrication of a unit capable of displaying a 3D object in a cube of 512 LEDs.
- USB support for two operating modes:1.) Download and store images on the device for replay - "static mode"2.) Continuously download images stored in a folder on host PC and display them - "stream mode"
- GUI tools to create images and download and store them to the device for both modes
Biomedical Engineering Senior Design Project - A Statistical Analysis of Deformations of Membrane Protein a-helices
- Statistical analysis of membrane protein structures and their deformations using Principle Component Analysis
- Analysis using Perl & C code, along with PyMOL software to visualize results
- Comparison of membrane protein deformations to prior soluble protein research
2004 - 2005
- GPA: 3.5/4.0, Dean’s List in 2004
- House of General Science:Technical Committee Head – implemented WordPress based website for house
2002 - 2004
Associate of Arts
- Won a full scholarship based on merit (competition with over 75 other applicants)
- Received Highest Rookie Seed Award as part of the Simon's Rock FIRST robotics team
- Co-founded Simon's Rock Cricket Intramural, 08/02 – 5/04