Metro EDGE - 2011 Chair of Events & Networking, 2010 Chair of Communications
www.metro-edge.orgThe program offers young leaders the opportunity to Engage, Develop, Give and Empower in order to build a strong base of future business leaders for the Sacramento Region.Chair of Communications
- Led a team of 10+ peers from varying professions and industries
- Led a team to conceptualize and develop the organization’s first (and current) website
- Created content and executed weekly email blast and monthly newsletter
- Led a team to develop and implement the first marketing plan for the organization
- Coordinated communication needs of other committees within the organization
Chair of Events
- Lead a team of 10+ peers from varying professions and industries
- Plan and execute monthly networking mixers and Trivia Nights; work with local venues to host events
- Created, planned and executed the first annual “Young Leaders Connect” event, a large-scale networking event that drew 400+ qualified young professionals and garnered 50+ new members for Metro EDGE
- Plan and execute large-scale “EDGE Insight” event which features the opportunity for young professionals to connect with the region’s top CEOs
- Identify key local organizations to partner with, including Sacramento Kings, Sacramento River Cats and the Crocker Museum
- Provide expertise and support to other committees within Metro EDGE, including professional development, regional action and philanthropic events
SACTO - Marketing Committeewww.sacto.orgSACTO is the Sacramento Region’s leading facilitator of economic development. It brings together the organizations, information and resources in the pursuit of jobs, talent and investment needed to ensure regional prosperity and global competitiveness. As part of the Marketing Committee, I provide input and support to the SACTO marketing team, attend monthly meetings and help with specific projects.
Midtown Business Association - Marketing Committee www.mbasac.comMBA is a volunteer group relying on the energies of the local business community that makes up its membership. The marketing committee is responsible for the development of a marketing plan focused on the branding of Midtown Sacramento, which is presented to the Executive Board.NeoCrocker - Logistics Committee www.neocrocker.comNeoCrocker is an annual event put on by the Crocker Art Museum that is aimed at attracting a diverse and younger demographic to the museum. The event in October 2010 attracted over 3,000 attendees and raised tens of thousands of dollars for the Crocker Art Museum. As part of the logistics committee, I was responsible for the planning and execution of the event layout, including staging, lighting, sound, tables and seating, portable bars and much more. I also aided in the marketing and promotional efforts for the event.