- Spending Time with his family
- spending time outdoors and fishing
Windows: Windows Server 2003.2008, LDAP, Active Directory
Networking: Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, NAT and network related technologies such as LAN/WAN topologies.
Storage and SAN Technologies: Brocade switches, Zoning, LUN creation and assignments.
Enterprise Backup Solutions Expert: Brightstor, Veritas ( Backup Exec ) tape libraries, dedupe technologies.
·Network Design and Implementation
·Citrix Meta Frame
·LAN Switches, Configuration and Optimization
·Firewall installation and Configuration
·Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory
·Quantum Scalar i2000 Tape Library
·SSL VPN Solutions/IPSec VPN
·Server Configuration and Maintenance
( HP, Dell, IBM )
·Experience with Sniffers, Ethereal/Net General
Feb 2010 - Present
Team Lead/IT Support
Responsibilities:Responsible for providing technical support for resolution or escalation of desktop/workgroup related problems or requests initiated by Fulton County schools. Provide the initial point of contact for technical problems and perform troubleshooting tasks, problem diagnosis, resolution, or escalation. Possess advanced knowledge of hardware and software components, local to the desktop and as it relates to the network. Responsible for setup, installation, and configuration of desktop hardware and software. Work on problems of moderate scope and complexity and oversee a team of 5 or more technicians. Currently provide team with guidance for routine work, and specific direction is supplied for new or special assignments. Provide technical assistance with, documentation, implementation, operation and support of infrastructure systems, including LAN support, systems administration, hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Configure Promethean Interactive boards
- Server hardware configuration and repair
- Active Directory administration
Jun 2007 - Aug 2009
Responsibilities: Managed all corporate backups by planning, designing and implementing. Provided backup services for Windows, Unix, Linux, databases, MS Exchange, Oracle and more using Brightstor Arcserve Enterprise backup from Computer Associates (standard backup methodology was based on weekly full backups and daily incremental). Extensive experience with Quantum Scalar i2000 libraries. Nightly backup schedule consisted of approximately 750 Production and Pre-Production servers. Responsible for the daily off-site tape transport to Iron Mountain as well as any recalls which were needed for customer requested restores. Maintained all audit records for the auditors, SAS70, PCI and various other industry standards. Part of a four man storage team which was responsible for all storage and backups.
- NetApps N-series 6070 cluster 7.3.1.P2
- SVC- San Volume Controller 2145 version 126.96.36.199
- Brocade Switch – DS-16B2
- Brocade switches – DS – 16B3
- Brocade switches – DS – 32B2
- Brocade switches – DS – 4100B
- Brocade switches – DS – 4900B
- Brightstor Enterprise Ed version 12.5, 12.1, 11.5 – SP4
Jul 2002 - Jun 2007
Responsibilities: Strategic Planning, interface with Corporate Office, administration of Windows Active Directory on associated servers. Conduct maintenance and backup servers. Adhere to Enterprise Computing Standards (corporate directive) for naming conventions and hierarchy. Support users with basic questions on computer operations and troubleshoot email. Order technology HW as needed. Support for Windows XP systems and provide training of Systems Support personnel. Maintain integral relationship with Webmasters and associated servers. Manage all technological assets. Provide assistance with the preparation of ROI and new product R&D. Maintain backup/restore infrastructure for corporate and 4 remote sites. Design and implement current backup/restore infrastructure for the Kroger Atlanta region.
- WSUS Server
- Sonicwall 200,2000,4000 SSL VPN Solution
- Sonicwall Firewall TZ and Pro Series
- Sonicwall CDP Tapeless Backup
- Castelle Faxmain Faxserver
- Windows 2003 Server/Active Directory-Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003
- Novell 6.5 OS
- Arcserve Brighstor 11.5 – Extensive knowledge in all aspect of backup/restore procedures.
- Veritas Backup Solutions
- Disaster Recovery Planning/ testing
- Project Documentation- Network documentation experience, Visio 2003,2007
- Excellent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, NAT and network related technologies such as LAN/WAN topologies, transports and routing.
- Excellent knowledge of HP/COMPAQ Intel based server hardware and rack deployment
Sep 2000 - Jan 2002
Responsibilities: Ensured peak performance of LAN and servers. “Owned” resolutions of customer service request tickets. Installed the latest software upgrades for all servers including virus protection. Ensured LAN had enough capacity and tape backup capability to support worldwide operations. Ensured LAN processes (i.e., Change Management, Problem Management and Integration Management) were being followed. Primary responsibilities included day-to-day maintenance and administration of Exchange 5.5 Security systems, firewalls (Pix, checkpoint and rules and Policies) Audits, planning, design and implementation.
- Arcserve 2000 – Responsible for evaluation and implementation of all corporate servers including daily tape backup procedures.
- Windows 2000– Participated on a team to migrate environment from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000.
- Exchange 5.5/2000 – Designed/rolled out four sites with approximately five servers and 500 users.
- Project Documentation – Provided detailed documentation of corporate infrastructure.
- HP Openview– Experience with HP Openview.