- Born in Namur, Belgium on March 30, 1964.
- Married.Father of 3 children.
- Interest:reading (management, fiction, historical novels, business magazines), travelling, tennis & cycling
- Ex-Member of Rotary Club Karachi Continental, Best Rotarian of the year 97/98
- Member of Cercle Braville (Brussels, Belgium)
- Involved at local community level
1987 to date:SKF Group
SKF is the world leader in Rolling Bearings, Seals, Lubrication Systems, Mechatronics, Asset Management Services and related solutions.This 100 years old Swedish company has a turn-over of 6.0 Bn EUR, over 41,000 employees, 105 factories and operations in more than 130 countries.The Group’s operating margin of more than 14%.
I have experiences in General Management, Key Account Management (on a European Level), Marketing, Business Development.
Experiences in Middle East and Africa, Pakistan, Latin America, Europe (in general) and France.
Fluent in French, English and Spanish
Very good in Dutch
Business Unit Manager in an international environement
Leading strong development
Value Based Selling (Value Vision), Gothenburg; Sweden2006
Key Account Management (Huthwaite), Brussels; Belgium2005
SKF Learning Centre
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Gothenburg, Sweden2003
- Finance for Business, Gothenburg, Sweden1999
- Project Management, Buenos Aires, Argentina1998
- Leadership for Quality, Nilai, Malaysia 1997
Miller Heiman Strategic Selling, Waterloo, Belgium2003
SKF Best in Service Programme, Gothenburg (Sweden), San Diego (US) & Wurzburg (Germany)2000 – 2001
SKF Global Leadership Programme Poitiers (France), Gothenburg (Sweden)1998 – 1999
Development of Leadership Skills and running of projects at a global level.Presentation of results to CEO.
SKF International Management Programme,Thorskogs Slott, Sweden1993
Jun 2007 - Present
Sales Unit Manager (GM
SKF Service Division France
- General management responsibility (incl. P&L) of a unit of 85 employees and 57 MEUR turnover
- Responsibility of sales of the full SKF portfolio to the aftermarket, both via distributors and directly.
- Reorganisation of the sales force and improvement of sales management
- Successful integration of 2 new businesses early 2008
Sep 2006 - May 2007
European Key Accounts Sales Director
SKF Service Division Europe
- International (remote) team management as well as Key Account handling
- Turnover growth > 10%/year.Plan 2006 = 57 MEUR.
- Coordination of End User Strategy at a worldwide level
Jun 2004 - Aug 2006
Key Account Manager, Europe
SKF Service Division Europe
- Participation to the creation of a new business unit/team, establishing strategies and responsible for 6 Accounts.
- Negotiation of major contracts and opportunities.Signed the 2 biggest contracts of the Division in 2005/2006
- Establishing “Out of the box”/value adding business relationships; bundling the complete SKF Offering: products, services, performance based conctracts and Documented Solutions ProgrammeTM
Sep 1999 - May 2004
Area Director Europe
SKF Reliability Systems
SKF Reliability Systems is a business unit aimed at providing value to our customers by implementatingAsset Optimisation Program, Maintenance Strategy Consulting, Performance based Contracts and services and technology solutions.
·Responsible for the development of the activities in Western Europe: average growth of 15%/year over 4 years.
·Actively leading a culture change from selling components to selling solutions and new concepts.
·Presented value added concepts to top management of clients (a shift from traditional contact point)
- Worked on acquisition integration as well as managed newly acquired companies in Scotland and Sweden
- Direct P&L responsibility over 350 people and 30 MEUR (Sweden and the UK), from 1999 to 2002
- Development and successful implementation of Strategic Sales Management Program as well as Siebel CRM.
Apr 1998 - Aug 1999
Area Manager Service & Business Development Latin America
SKF Latin America
- Initiated development of a new service business in Latin America, with focus on Argentina, Brasil and Chile.Brought the business from 1.4 to 3.5 MUSD in 14 months.
Aug 1994 - Apr 1998
- Established a commercial representation in Pakistan, to reinforce the existing distributor network.
- Threefold business increase by appointment of new agents and direct involvement with Railway and OEM sales.
- Employed and managed administration, sales and technical staff
Jan 1991 - Jul 1994
Industrial Distributors Manager for Middle East and Africa
Jan 1991 - Jul 1994
Product Manager Installation Tools for Middle East and Africa
Oct 1989 - Dec 1990
Marketing Planning and Control for Middle East and Africa
Oct 1988 - Sep 1989
Military Service - Belgian Army
Oct 1987 - Sep 1988
AIESEC Internship (Marketing Dpt)
SKF Panama Free Zone, Inc.
Sep 1986 - Dec 1986
SOLVAY & Cie, S.A
"Organisational Changes resulting from the Introduction of Office Automation for Executives in Large Organisations"
Jul 1985 - Aug 1985
The Paper Group, Inc.
Jul 1984 - Aug 1984
Sep 1982 - Sep 1987
Facultés Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix
"Grande Distinction" / Magna cum Laude / top 10% of class