I am an engineer with a background in mechanical engineering as well as a Master's degree in industrial engineering. I have worked as an industrial engineering consultant with specialization in implementing process improvement techniques, such as lean manufacturing, six sigma, in manufacturing as well as service environment. Currently working in product development team for providing pricing solutions to retailers; these solutions help in deciding optimized pricing strategy based upon the stage of life cycle of the product. On a personal note I believe industrial engineering provides us with great tools to continuously improve ourselves as well as our professional surrounding.
Jan 2011 - Present
Key Skills: Market Response Modeling, Solution Design, Business User Testing, Forecasting and Data Analysis
- Configure and implement JDA solutions to facilitate customer business processes (ensuring ability to design, execute and deliver).
- Create business scenario testing, functional specification and data mapping documentation for client use.
- Works as a functional liaison between Project Team and key customer senior executives.
- Work with all levels of JDA associates in developing functional specifications, analysis of user needs and testing.
- Assists Project Managers in planning efforts during various phases of a project (design, construct and deliver).
Mar 2009 - Dec 2010
Quality Assurance Engineer
Key Skills: Optimization Model testing, Functionality testing and Knowledge transfer to software developers
Solutions: JDA Markdown Optimization, JDA Shelf Price Optimization & JDA Promotion Management & Optimization
- Create business test cases to ensure the product satisfy the technical & functional requirements.
- Develops test plans and scripts to support the quality metric including: developing performance tests and developing load and stress tests.
Mar 2008 - Nov 2008
Industrial Engineering Technologies, Incorporated
Key Skills: Time & Motion Study, Delay Study, Six Sigma and Plant Layout
- Collecting and analyzing work sampling, equipment delay and conduct time studies data and then drawing conclusions about utilization & efficiency.
- Evaluating effectiveness of training & development programs; formulating or reviewing various training strategies and various instructional methodologies, then developing training materials for internal employees.