Accomplished engineering project manager and leader with experience managing large-scale construction, environmental, sustainable and "green-oriented" programs. Provided the highest level of guidance needed and expected within 21st Century project engineering, and consistently delivered outstanding results. Dependably conducted operations and created a spirit of success and excellence; utilized auditing, assessment and problem-solving abilities, and team leadership dynamic strategies to build accountability and enhanced performance. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective public speaking and presentation skills, and the ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated evidence of strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically, develop collaborative relationships and work effectively with diverse groups. Possess a flexible, adaptable style with a hands-on approach to leadership; a skilled leader who knows how to listen, and thrives in an atmosphere demanding excellence, autonomy, and strong team-building skills.
1.0 Proven leadership of waste water collection and treatment as well as water supply treatment and distribution projects for municipal and industrial clients. Experience leading interdisciplinary teams of engineers and architects for the planning, permitting, funding, process analysis, hydraulic modeling, preliminary design, final design, development of quantity takeoffs, preparation of cost estimates, bidding and construction administration.
- Familiar with municipal waste water treatment technologies for pumping, peak flow equalization, screening, grit removal, primary treatment, secondary treatment, tertiary treatment, nutrient removal, solids management, methane management, odor control and disinfection.
- Familiar with water supply management of surface and ground water source development, raw water intakes, pumping, aeration, chemical feed, coagulation, clarification, filtration, disinfection, storage tanks, and distribution systems.
2.0 Practical experience with all aspects of decommissioning, demolition and dismantling projects, including: cost estimating, budgeting, preparing work plans, scheduling, tracking and reporting; preparation of bid documents including scope of work and contracts
- a) Relentlessly followed-up to monitor performance of demolition crews and sub-contractors to ensure that company and client requirements for quality, timely performance and costs are met
- b) Expert knowledge of building demolition and infrastructure, as well as recycling technology and the techniques needed for successful processing of recyclable material
- c) Prepared and submitted demolition estimates, critical path schedules, progress reports, cost tracking reports, and pay applications
Estimating and work planning at power plants, chemical plants, auto manufacturing plants, agri-food manufacturers, paper mills, warehouses, stacks, metal fabricators, tire manufacturers, retail stores, institutional facilities and office buildings
- Selective dismantling of old boiler-house facilities at Federal Site in St Louis, resulting in recycling of 95 percent of the debris
- Demolition of wing at Southridge Mall in Des Moines, Iowa, for modernization of retail space layout
- Completion of Demolition for 1910's era manufacturing buildings and Site Restoration for Elementis Specialties, St Louis, Missouri
3.0 Engineer in responsible charge of feasibility studies, preliminary design studies, long-range master plans, detailed design projects, development of contract documents, quality control reviews, bidding, minority business participation, subcontracting, engineering services during construction, and project startup
4.0 Facilitate across all disciplines including process, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and architecture for complete bid documents and administer engineering reviews during construction
- a) Replacement of Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant for the City of Rolla, Missouri
- b) Replacement of the Headworks for the Missouri River Treatment Plant operated by the Metropolitan St Louis Sewer District, with capacity expansion to 190 million gallons per day, new state-of-the-art screening facility, new grit chambers, and new odor control systems
- c) Long-Range Master Plans for Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment for Paragould, Arkansas
- d) Storm Water Master Plans for Eureka and Hannibal, Missouri
5.0 Planned, oversaw and monitored assigned resources to ascertain that a project was meeting critical specifications and was on schedule, within budget, while at the same time ensured that proper billings were generated on each project
- a) Experience with projects ranging in size and scope from $50,000 to $100 million
6.0 Program Management of strategic corporate and client initiatives
- a) Managed underground storage tank leak detection program for USAF Air Mobility Command bases nationwide for a five-year period
- b) Critical path scheduling analysis of two dozen contractor teams performing remediation at Rocky Mountain Arsenal, Colorado
- c) 3-Year Indefinite Quantity/Indefinite Delivery Contract for hazardous waste with US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District
7.0 Proposed, designed and implemented projects with innovative features for key clients
- a) In-Place Biological Treatment of diesel fuel contaminated soils in watershed downstream from Railroad Fueling Yard. Negotiated cleanup plan with Illinois EPA and Attorney General's office. Directed project team during cleanup. Result was highly sustainable, eliminating trucking of contaminated soils and landfill disposal, and returned forest ecosystem to productive use.
- b) Pneumatic fracking feasibility and pilot-scale testing of groundwater cleanup from fuel spills at Tinker AFB Oklahoma. Project successfully demonstrated process feasibility and was completed under-budget.
8.0 Prepared system specifications and material requisitions of components for purchase, reviewed and technically evaluated supplier bids for award, and reviewed supplier documents for compliance
9.0 Resolved construction, startup, and operational problems, and interfaced with the client to modify the design or practice, as appropriate
- a) Perceptive negotiator with the ability to remedy the natural tension between the bid selection processes and regulators/stakeholders
- Projects successfully completed for state/local government entities, private industry (refineries, manufacturing facilities, commercial buildings, etc.)
- Construction and startup of Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant replacement for City of Rolla Missouri
- Construction and startup of 190 MGD Headworks replacement at St Louis MSD Missouri River Treatment Plant.
10.0 Determined appropriate techniques, procedures, and equipment for construction activities on projects
11.0 Reviewed contractor safety and security documentation and completed audits and field inspections to ensure compliance with regulations and effective protection of people and property
12.0 Inspected/reviewed projects to monitor compliance with scope of work and contract performance
- a) Engineering services during construction of Headworks replacement for St Louis MSD at Missouri River Treatment Plant
13.0 Proven ability to set work priorities and to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, hands-on environment while meeting deadline
14.0 Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to relate well to diverse constituencies