Experienced executive looking for a management position in the retail industry in a support function to challenge proven leadership and team-building skills.
Awards and Affiliations
- Chairman’s Macy’s East Volunteer of the Year Award - 2003
- Macy’s East Diversity Council member and co-chair – 2003
- Co-founder and original champion of Macy’s East Estrella (Latino ERG) - 2006
- Chairman’s Macy’s East Results Matter Award - 2006
- 25 Year Club Member of Macy’s Parade Executive Committee-2011
Macy's Parade & Entertainment Group
Tour Manager, Macy’s Santa National Believe Tour
Nov. – Dec. 2011, Nov. – Dec. 2010, Nov. – Dec. 2009
- Promoted Macy’s Believe Campaign to heighten local public’s awareness of Macy’s partnership withMake A Wish Foundation
- Coordinated operational and logistical issues traveling to and from promotional media and in-store events
- Key liaison with Macy’s Media and Events teams
- Oversaw set-up of in-store events to ensure Macy’s standards were met
- Interacted with and motivated cast to maintain positive energy throughout the tour
- Mediated personnel issues with Macy’s HR group
Tour Manager, National MacysChefs Foodtruck Tour
June – Sept . 2011
- Coordinate logistical and operational components for each tour stop
- Ensure open lines of communications with talent reps, media and special event teams to ensure successful outcome
- Utilize social networking outlets to build excitement leading up to events (Twitter) , during events to convey real time information (Twitter & Foursquare) and after (Facebook) to recap event
- Conduct on-board walk through with catering companies at each location prior to events to familiarize crew with foodtruck equipment and accessories
- Provide clear direction for staff and volunteers onsite
- Promote Macy’s partnership with Feeding America and monitor and submit donations made.
Aug 2004 - May 2009
VP Sign & Print Operations
Vice President Production/Print Services2004 - 2009
- Oversaw timely creation, production and daily delivery of library and promotional signing to support promotional marketing activity
- Analyzed data associated with late and missing late signs that lead to lost sales opportunities. Created weekly reports to track departmental signing activity.Initiated strategies to conduct weekly workshops and re-train non-compliant buyer groups.
- Developed and implemented best practices and training programs in collaboration with buyer groups and Learning & Development to reduce copy errors and incidences of missing signs.
- Supervised two directors with a total staff of 14.
2000 - 2004
Sign/Print Shop Operations Director
Director Print Services 2003 - 2004
- Re-engineered Sign and Print Shop services and operations to assume responsibility for Macy’s East and Home Division Coordinated
- Controlled divisional budget of $1.1M.
- Supervised staff of 14.
Director Print/Sign Shop2000-2003
- Responsible for sign and print services in 87 store locations.
- Controlled divisional budget of $1.6M.
- Provided technical support for in-store sign printers to minimize occurrences of unsigned merchandise.
- Supervised to two managers with staff of 10.
1986 - 2000
Sign/Print Shop Operations Manager
Senior Print Production Manager1996-2000
Senior Sign Shop Manager1988-1996
- Conceptualized, planned and executed re-design of Print\Sign Shop Operations to increase efficiency and expand services during period of rapid organization growth.
- Oversaw proofing, quality control, content accuracy functions and conformance to company standards including pre-determined visual and legal formats
- Created and conducted sign training classes for new merchant hires Facilitated signing new stores by establishing pre-printed libraries
Sign Shop Manager1986-1988
- Managed staff of 10.
- Responsible for daily offset printing and distribution of signs to 27 locations.