- Opening up new product lines and revenue streams for a growing media company
- Spearheading the expansion of a successful media brand's online and social media presence, as well as its sphere of community influence, with new content and promotions
- Developing clear, compelling content and digital engagement strategies that span multiple platforms
- Presenting and moderating panels at industry-leading events
- Identifying and developing opportunities to strengthen partnerships among internal teams and external clients
- Leveraging a broad and deep understanding of clients' digital communication challenges to execute on awareness and engagement projects
I am an experienced content strategist, manager, and creator looking to help businesses communicate positive brand attributes through content programs that audiences will embrace and interact with.
Apr 2008 - Present
What's my story? In my professional life, I am a goal-driven content creator, skilled content project manager, and creative problem solver with enterprise-wide experience building and executing on innovative publishing and content marketing solutions.
As a content strategy consultant, I focus on helping marketers, agencies, and other storytellers analyze their content needs and resources; build infrastructure; and create and distribute relevant, engaging messages across multiple media channels and platforms.
Why focus on content? Because expression, writing, and entertainment are in my DNA. Content marketing is, in essence, storytelling, and I was born to size up an audience, figure out our common interests, and craft a story that will speak to those interests in a memorable, engaging way.
In my years of professional experience, I have developed a diverse range of skills, interests, and experience in publishing, marketing, and advertising, which gives me a well-rounded perspective on the digital industry. And with my keen sense of diverse audience mindsets, my ability to create and distribute engaging content, and my drive to help clients embrace technology and innovation, I have developed proven, measurable ways to design and implement content solutions that can meet any business challenge.
Apr 2008 - Present
Digital Campaign Strategist/Proposal Strategist/Copywriter
- Creating content for digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Developing campaign strategies, key messages, and creative briefs for digital marketing campaigns
- Strategizing and executing on community-based marketing initiatives
Dec 2005 - Apr 2011
Senior Editor/Content Manager
iMedia Connection is an online publication focusing on interactive marketing. As senior editor, I led both day-to-day content production and efforts to reflect the cutting edge of communication techniques and technology.
This position tapped into a broad range of my skills on a daily basis, including maintaining an authoritative and consistent voice for our brand; soliciting, editing and writing content; managing staff writers and freelancers -- both domestic and international; writing marketing copy; developing and managing social media programs; and identifying new business opportunities brought about by emerging technologies and new media trends.
Responsibilities and achievements included:
- Developing, executing, and managing the multi-media content strategy for a leading digital industry publisher
- Establishing editorial direction, style, and contributor guidelines; identifying key trends and industry experts that speak to our consumers’ goals
- Leading new editorial product strategy and development, including social media programs, industry awareness programs, and community initiatives
- Creating, producing, and managing digital content and video projects that are engaging, accessible, and usable
- Implementing SEO strategies to increase competitive visibility
- Tracking and measuring content performance; identifying and incorporating improvement opportunities
- Identifying business development, partnership, and cross-over opportunities
- Developing and managing the company’s expansion into new vertical and international markets, including Entertainment, Automotive, U.K., and Asia.
- Participating in speaking engagements; representing the company at industry events; and identifying and pitching potential business partners, including high-profile brands, agencies, online publishers, and technology vendors
- Developing processes for training and managing staff assignments and progress
- Creating marketing materials that engage the audience and communicate our value as a high-quality resource
Feb 2010 - Apr 2010
Social Media Marketing Strategist (project-based)
- Developing a social media-based communication and outreach strategy to promote a performance marketing agency and its principals
- Leading campaign programs, message design, and the creative process
Jan 2002 - May 2005
- Soliciting, editing and proofreading all content for a trade journal and supplemental publications
- Developing and managing corresponding website and e-newsletter content using a custom CMS
- Representing the publication at key industry events
- Writing event reviews, profile articles, and promotional and marketing materials
- Creating and executing readership surveys to identify potential areas of improvement
- Building and managing editorial advisory board
Jul 2002 - Jan 2005
Freedom Film Society
- Managing operations for the Red Bank International Film Festival, including volunteer coordination, screenings, committee projects, promotional materials, sponsorship solicitation and alumni correspondence
- Writing promotional materials, organization correspondence, website copy, newsletter articles, marketing and public relations content for a non-profit independent arts organization
Sep 1999 - Sep 2001
Edelman Worldwide Public Relations
- Writing and editing trade and consumer media materials
- Corresponding with account teams and clients to ensure accurate messaging, legal and regulatory compliance, and editorial excellence
- Brainstorming and enacting media plans, events, and launch programs
Clients included: Johnson & Johnson, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Procter & Gamble, Aventis
Jul 1997 - Aug 1999
Anderson Publishing Ltd.
- Programming, editing and soliciting all content for a trade journal and its advertorial supplements
- Writing news articles and product reviews
- Directing creative design elements for all publications
- Working with Editorial Advisory Board to determine content strategy, plan editorial calendar, and run yearly board meetings
Computer Insight Learning Center
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick
Public Speaking and Business Development
Writing and Editing
Content Project Development and Management
At Animal Planet's virtual burrow, "Meerkat Manor" fans can view episodes from the latest season, play games and learn more about the critters, as well as catch up with some of the furry family's gossip.
iMedia speaks with the EVP to explore an immersive cross-platform movie campaign, and to find out how to bring a unique touch to an existing cultural phenomenon.
The RFP process may not be ideal, but does it have to be a breeding ground for idea infringement? Experts from Deep Focus, Real Branding and Ask.com explain how to cope.
Media scholar and "Convergence Culture" author Henry Jenkins speaks his mind about the transmedia revolution, internet buzz, and an alarming trend.
In the new Age of the iPod, music seems to be the only segment where digital isn't opening up golden opportunities for content owners and creators.
When Chrysler aired its Super Bowl spot where Eminem declared his love for all things Detroit, the car company had a buzz-worthy hit on its hands. But unfortunately, the company lost out to General Motors when it came to capitalizing on that fan favorite.