ABOUT MARILYN MORAN
I was introduced to the Internet in 1992 as a college freshman. As a behavioral science major, I was naturally drawn to the sociological and behavioral aspect of the Internet. Fascinated by the emerging technology, I began participating in online communities. First on the early BBSes and MUDs, eventually graduating to Usenet (newsgroups), as well as creating and maintaining various community-based mailing lists, message boards, and chat rooms.
(NEARLY) TWENTY YEARS OF ONLINE EXPERIENCE
- Moderator of various mailing list groups, message boards, and newsgroups since 1995.
- Blogging since 1999.
- Webmastered site/created & managed online community dedicated to alternative music for 5 years (1999-2004).
- Managed public relations for various bands & musicians (2000-2010).
- Worked for Internet Technology companies in the role of Producer and Project Manager.
- Organize, manage, promote, and DJ music events (1999-present).
- Write blogs on marketing, food, and music.
- Manage online communities on following topics: marketing & PR, food, and music.
Additionally, over the years, I have provided private marketing consulting and training to individuals and small business clients helping them grow their business using online technology. I am very hands-on with my clients as I consider myself their marketing partner.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS
Professionally, I am on the Board of Directors of PANMA (Philadelphia Area New Media Association) and a former officer in the Social Media Club of Philadelphia.
Personally, I am an avid blogger maintaining several food and hyperlocal blogs. I am the tweeter behind the popular Philly foodie Twitter account @phillygrub. (Mashable named Philly Grub one of the top 55 foodies to follow on Twitter.)
I also blog about digital marketing topics. http://www.njmarketingnerd.com/blog/