Construction Industry Executive
Project / Operations Management
Multiple Construction Projects Experience
Construction Executive with twenty five years experience in operations and management leading a wide range of projects. Extremely knowledgeable of all facets of the industry based on an integrated background involving hands on experience at many levels. Contribute to bottom-line profitability through cost control, and business process improvement. MBA, Graziadio School of Business and Management, Pepperdine University.
- General management, design-build process management, and P&L management.
- Cultivate relationships with city and county regulatory agencies to expedite permits and approvals.
- Cost reduction in interest and operating costs on major projects.
- Architectural and general contractor licenses.
- Noted achievements in team training/motivation/leadership.
- Recognized for high ethics and integrity.
Construction Projects Overview
Division Management / Multiple Construction Projects
- Managed design process, entitlements and permits, as well as site and project meetings for all Southern California projects, mentoring 3 Project Managers. (Comstock Homes)
- In charge of operations, construction and purchasing (65 employees) for Los Angeles/Ventura Division, with 7 to 10 simultaneous projects from Ventura to Palmdale to Inglewood. (John Laing Homes)
- Responsible for 150 luxury home masterplan, overseeing design and permits, sales and marketing, purchasing, construction and warranty claims; revenues of over $250M. (Toll Brothers)
- Owner's Represponsible forbudgets, schedules and quality for 15 - 20 multi-family projects concurrently, all on the East Coast. (KB Home)
Recruiting / Training / Mentoring
- Mentored and trained 3 Project Managers on entitlements, construction and regulatory compliance, as well asmanaging relationships with city, county and state agencies. (Comstock Homes)
- Recruitedsales and construction staff from Toll Brothers project. (John Laing Homes)
- Trained purchasing staff in negotiations, reducing cost increases to 7% below industry increases. (John Laing Homes)
- Trained all new construction staff employees on policies and procedures. (Toll Brothers)
- Instrumental in bring Customer Satisfaction from #88 to #1 in the nation. (John Laing Homes)
- Led team to on time and on budget completions, averaging over $300k profit per home. (Toll Brothers)
- Ensured on time and on budget performance of General Contractors to client satisfaction. (KB Home)
- Led design team on the Alameda County Medical Center, from concept to OSHPDplan check acceptance in 90 days.
- Led design team on The St. Francis Medical Center, from concept to OSHPDplan check acceptance in 90 days.
- St. Francis was first hospital to ever have mullion-less, butt jointed glass curtain wall approved by OSHPD.
- St. Francisteam developed and tested new structural steel earthquake connections for OSHPD approval.
- Brought high-rise project back on schedule and budget through strategic relationships with major design-build consultants. (Wood Partners)
- Approved all site development invoices, saving thousands in unnecessary billings. (Comstock Homes)
- Ultimate responsibility for developing budgets and managing operations costs for Division. (John Laing Homes)
- Single point of responsibility for entire development, covering budgets, schedules, etc. (Toll Brothers)
Operations Consultant Soelter Consulting 2009-Present
LA High Rise Project Manager Wood Partners 2007-2008
Director of Project Management Comstock Homes2006-2007
Vice President, Operations John Laing Homes2004-2005
Project Manager Toll Brothers 2001-2004
Sr. Construction Project Mgr. KB Home Multi-Family Housing Group 1997-2000
Project Manager RBB Architects1994-1997
Representative List of Projects
HopeTower, Los Angeles, CA
Residential high rise with podium deck amenities and underground parking.
Construction:22 /Story ConcreteUnits: 220Cost:$120,000,000
The Villages at Heritage Springs, Santa Fe Springs, CA
Masterplanned oil field (161 wells) remediation with 8 residential communities and community center.
Element, MarinadelRey, CA
Urban infill of precast concrete lofts.
General Contractor Construction
BART Block Apts., Lafayette, CA
Two buildings with three stories of apartments, on a sloping lot, with a creek restoration.
Construction:Wood Frame on Concrete PodiumUnits: 75Cost:$9,700,000
Multi-Housing Real Estate Development (Tax Credit Developments)
Norwalk Senior Apts., Norwalk, CA(A KDB development)
2 separate award winning residential developments with a 20,000 SF Senior Center for public use.
St. Francis Medical Center - Tower, Lynwood, CA
144 bed, 9 story Tower with Pharmacy, Laboratory, Central Sterile, Engineering and Executive Offices.Submitted construction documents to OSHPD in under 90 days.
Construction:Steel Moment FrameSquare Feet:220,000Cost:$55,000,000
AlamedaCountyMedicalCenter - Critical CareBuilding, AlamedaCA
8 story Hospital with Emergency, Surgery, I.C.U, and Radiology.Also included 800 car Parking Garage.Submitted construction documents to OSHPD in under 90 days.
Construction:Steel Moment FrameSquare Feet:225,000Cost:$72,000,000