- Strategic planning and implementation of projects
- Social media
- Partnership development
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Web content and Web design layout
- Pay-per-click campaigns
Over 10 years of online marketing and communications management experience. Goal-oriented, top-performing marketing strategist with substantial experience in digital marketing and planning. An energetic leader and team player who generates winning results and builds long term client partnerships; key experiences and proven performance in:
- Strategic Planning
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Campaign Analysis
- Website Content Management
- Pay-Per-Click Campaigns
- Social Media Marketing
- Partnership Development
GMU Business Roundtable
DC Web Women
Women in Technology
Dec 2008 - May 2010
- Increased organic search traffic within 4 months by 222%; averaged 35% online visitors from search traffic weekly just 6 months after site went live.
- Created and Implemented the entire tactical SEO plan for new Website involving competitor keyword analysis, plugins, blog development, link building, and multiple social media platforms (Twitter, etc).
- Launched Google pay-per-click campaign resulting in click-through-rate of 2.10% and conversion rate of 4%; campaign accounted for 73% of all new visitors.
- Increased online traffic by 45% by developing The WiseChoice Blog; produced blog business plan, managed design, bloggers, editorial schedule, and promotion on social media platforms.
- Optimized use of StumbleUpon (social media platform to rate and share Websites) and increased unique visits to The WiseChoice Blog by 81%.
- Developed detailed spreadsheet analysis of pay-per-click campaigns using Google Analytics, tracking metrics including click-through-rate, cost-per-conversion and ROI.
Jul 2008 - Oct 2008
- Developed interactive media and direct mail communications for 12 clients within Verizon corporation; achieved 4.1% return rate on direct mail campaign for Northeast client.
- IT Liaison for Web design and campaigns; maximized client relations with Verizon's national and regional marketing teams by managing functions as primary contact.
- Managed team of print managers, copywriters, and designers to ensure each project remained within budget, timeline, and adhered to branding guidelines of Corporate Verizon.
Dec 2001 - Apr 2008
Marketing Manager/College Bound Marketing (CollegeAnswer.com) (2005-2008)
- Managed strategic online campaigns to increase lead generation via SEO, pay-per-click advertising, online banners, and online promotion campaigns.
- Oversaw Web content development of lead generating Website www.collegeanswer.com, and produced monthly metric reports to assess online campaign performance and success.
- Led email marketing newsletter campaigns to drive audience retention and referrals; increased email referral rates by 10% over three months.
- Spearheaded strategic initiative integrating new marketing plan to internal sales staff of 400 to generate leads. Acquired 30% of all business leads through new initiative and reduced total budget by 15%.
- Developed business partnerships and relations with higher education organizations to promote Sallie Mae college planning products; increased referrals by 30% via national promotional tour campaign with partner.
Marketing Product Analyst/Education Loan Management (2001-2005)
- Developed, organized reviewed, and implemented 5 major private loan products and 70 customized product applications with multiple departments (legal, credit, policy, compliance, information technology, print vendors, call centers)
- Streamlined online integration process of private loan applications by researching and analyzing needs of product managers, call centers, finance, legal and IT.
Sep 1999 - Dec 2001
- Provided marketing and content management strategy for revising the GW Web home page to ensure ease of usability and generate interest to prospective students and their families.
- Monitored competing university postings to maintain competitive standing.
Aug 1994 - Sep 1999
- Organized event logistics for quarterly and annual Board meetings; represented Association at high level conferences (e.g., founders, presidents CEOs) to recruit membership and answer queries regarding Association policy.
- Developed communication strategy to members and committees, updated the Website content based on current activites on the Hill, and assisted in the editing of testimonial papers.