CHIEFFINANCIAL OFFICER HEADQUARTER OR FIELD
Over 20 years experience in various finance positions within major multinational companies including external and internal audit, control and planning.
- Organizations and systems implementation in fast growing businesses and especially in Asia.
- Good knowledge of financial and reporting techniques, tax and legal implications of business
decisions, strategic and operating plans preparation and presentation.
- Significant experience of team management, focusing on empowerment and growing people's capabilities.
- Sales experience in the FMCG industry when working at PEPSICO.
Sep 2002 - Jun 2005
SCIENCES PO PARIS
Sep 1978 - Jun 2002
UNIVERSITE PARIS IX DAUPHINE
Spanish speaking and writing
English speaking and writing
Jun 2010 - Present
LOUISE BLOUIN MEDIA
In charge of Company refinancing and organization roll-out in Europe.
Dec 2003 - Jul 2009
DIRECTOR FINANCE AND CONTROL ASIA ($200 Million Sales)
Supporting the business development activity and implementing partnerships in the Region
-Improved China gross margin by 5 points % thanks to the implementation of a local manufacturing agreement
-Improved Free Cash-flow by reinforcing the credit collection procedures in the region (+$5MM in 2008)
-Implemented SAP for the Far-East activity (General ledger and sales admin.)
Feb 1999 - Dec 2003
FINANCE CONTROLLER EUROPE COMMERCIAL UNITS ($500 Million Sales)
Responsible for the formulation of the Regional Financial Strategic Plan and the Annual Operating Plan and for the control over the business performances of 18 European business units.
-Implementedthe Coty Beauty Europe KPI’s and Customer P&L’s
-Harmonized the business accounting practice in Europe
-Improved the Europe Division gross margin by 3% points by running a business process re engineering (efficiency gains and cost reduction)
-Implemented a European Pricing Database to resist Trade pressure to align prices and prevent cross border shipments
Jun 1996 - Jan 1999
CFO PEPSI-COLA FRANCE (EUR 150 Million Sales)
Responsible for: all financial, computer, tax and administration matters; work closely with MD on all aspects of company policy and development
- Reorganized finance department; improved the accounting system to get a full transparency over Trade terms and Marketing commitments
- Resisted successfully to an Income tax adjustment on transfer prices
Jan 1995 - Jun 1996
FINANCE CONTROLLER "TAKE HOME" ALSO IN CHARGE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
Responsible for forecasting & tracking the "Take Home" channel financial performance. Also responsible for the management of the sales administration departments of both Pepsi Food & Beverages (16 heads).
- Introduction of all sales admin. policies and procedures and trained sales force to use
- Introduction of a micro-computer based Key Accounts performance forecasting system
- Implemented yearly trade terms with Sales Director; reviewed all legal aspects of these trade terms
- Sales experience in the field during 6 months
Jan 1993 - Jan 1995
FINANCIAL PLANING MANAGER
Responsible for long/mid/short term budgeting and local business expansion plans (CAPEX)
- Designed all the company forecasting models
Oct 1991 - Jan 1993
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER PEPSI-COLA FRANCE AND BELGIUM
Responsible for all financial reporting, administration and tax matters
- Improved local treasury function; introduced all financial policies and management
May 1990 - Sep 1991
HIS MASTER VOICE -Music Stores- (THORN EMI GROUP)
Responsible for all financial ,information technology, administration and personnel matters. Worked closely with MD on store opening plans.
- Introduction of effective management information enabling close monitoring of individual shop performance
Jul 1987 - Apr 1990
MATRA-HACHETTE (currently known as LAGARDERE GROUP)
Euro 6 billions group specialized in the Defense industry, communication, transport, publishing, TV & radio networks.
Reported directly to group president: responsible for ensuring all group procedures adhered to, plus special assignments.
- Long term contract Audit (Chicago Airport and Jacksonville automatic transit system)
- Interim Financial Controller of a US based subsidiary for 6 months
Oct 1985 - Jul 1987
SENIOR AUDITOR (initially trainee)
Financial statements audit and special investigations in international companies (SKF, Corning glass, Danone,...)