Manchester Airport Group
- Responsible for supporting the airport’s critical data networks.
- Developing and maintaining the LAN / WAN, Wireless Network and security infrastructure.
- Following the ITIL process by responding to and fixing all LAN, WAN, Wireless Network and security infrastructure faults using established best practice and standards for the completion of all known incidents and problems.
- Providing 2nd line technical referral to external customers wherever necessary.
- Performing analysis on core network devices to determine baselines, bottlenecks and forecasts for capacity planning, using available tools to proactively monitor the state of the data networks.
- Responsible for the configuration of network devices and their deployment into the production LAN, WAN, Wireless Network and security infrastructure.
- Performing detailed risk analysis for any configuration changes needed to devices on the live environment.
- Maintaining a high level of support documentation, detailing the current design, topology and supporting mechanisms to help improve resolution times.
- Completing a regular configuration backup for all core devices and help build a complete contingency solution, making sure that all disaster recovery procedures are understood and available.